Centre silencer delete

Jminkley

Paid Member
I realise there are more threads on this subject than you could shake a stick at. I've read that people are getting the silencers removed at garages for about 40-£50 but I've phoned around 10 places and all of the say 80-100. I'm close to derby so if anyone knows of anywhere I could get it done for about £50 that would be great. If not I've started to look at the option of buying the straight pipe off eBay and trying to do it myself. What tool should I use to cut the exhaust?

Last edited:
To be fair mate £80 isn't that much more than £50. I wouldn't try it yourself unless your comfortable with the process. If you end up messing it up you'll end up paying more to get it sorted! - Plus how old are the threads your reading? If they're a good few years old prices will have gone up over that time.

http://www.aaronsautos.co.uk/ <-- These guys are Renault Sport specalists but I'm not sure what sort of prices they'd give you for the work.

To be fair mate £80 isn't that much more than £50. I wouldn't try it yourself unless your comfortable with the process. If you end up messing it up you'll end up paying more to get it sorted! - Plus how old are the threads your reading? If they're a good few years old prices will have gone up over that time.

http://www.aaronsautos.co.uk/ <-- These guys are Renault Sport specalists but I'm not sure what sort of prices they'd give you for the work.

Cheers for the reply [emoji4]. I think some of the posts I saw are from like the middle of last year, so not too old. I realise it isn't much more but thought if anyone could direct me to somewhere that could do it cheaper id be saving myself a bit of money. I probably will go and get it done at a garage but thought it was worth a shot first [emoji4]

I'm selling the pipe in that link and its a bargain to be honest. Decat pipe is usually around £50. Middle box replacement pipe is around £30. It cost me around £40 to get the pipe modified so it extends all the way to the decat pipe - otherwise you need a bit of standard exhaust to link the two and have 2 more joins.

To fit the pipe all you have to do is make one cut after your middlebox and the pipe will fit on. Pretty easy just measure twice, cut once. :smile: