Caterham/Renaultsport

Now that Caterham and Renaultsport have a deal to make cars at the alpine factory(http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=26618
) could this take produce a very limited run of cars like Lotus did with the Carlton, Sunbeam etc etc.
Could they use make a car using both there expertise in given fields……………rear drive front engine Clio with an LSD, stripped out, N/A or smaller turbo engine car, cage, composite body panels?

Just a thought

Tickle

Sounds good in theory but no chance of it happening. Look at the Megane R26.r, they didn't even sell half of the cars here that they were expecting to.

Looks better for caterham...the F4R may live on in one of them !

Though they seem to want to stick to the ford engines.

You'd think a partnership between the two should create a great car, hopefully it will.

If it saves the 300 jobs i'm all for it.

Wonder if they need a sweeper up'erer?

Where do I sign for one.....

Would be great if it happened. Over the years we've seen some very special cars like the Spyder, V6 and R26r, all of which along with the motorsport series have created a brand thats now where they want it to be.. And that is a standalone brand that has heritage and is accepted as a value proposition above the Renault brand.

Now they have this they want to manufacture cars for the masses, cars that make good margins and that's why we have the 200T and not a 200r

Bit of a thread revival !

I have seen a few pictures of the Alpine version on PH, but EVO had an image of the Caterham version about a year ago and it looked very similar to this. I do prefer it over to the Alpine car.

That really is one good looking car and with the engineering pedigree of both companies it should be one hell of a car to drive too.

........ This has prompted to me buy a few extra tickets for tomorrows Euromillions rollover.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AmosMoses General Chat 8
Stevoox Spotted 3
A New Members 10
Stevoox Spotted 0
Stevoox Spotted 0