I want a caterham!

Hi all,

Had a fantastic day out at a very wet and very windy Donington Park on Saturday.

Me and Dad booked onto the Bookatrack Caterham Drift Champion day as it was half price.

Dads building a 7 type car so needed the experience, and I just wanted to thrash a caterham.

What a great day, around 20 of us we’re on the day, 4 cars shared between us so plenty of time to practice.

All I can say is wow, Caterhams are just something else. I now cannot get them out of my head, they are just epic.

I had done some drifting before so was reasonably confident, although Caterhams are very hard to skid.

At the end of the day a competition is had, 1 judged run where the instructors take the piss and complement you in equal measure.

Wound Dad up by saying I was going there to win, I only went and did it!

Have a video of my run here:

Not perfect, but it was bloody good fun!

So the day has done it’s job, I now want a Caterham badly...

Alex

Nice one - second run was spot on.
Currently building a stripped out track purpose Tiger Avon with 180bhp crate engine Zetec with Jenvey throttle bodies. Looking forward to getting it on track in the summer. Like you say, expecting it to be like nothing else I've driven.

I had a Caterham Supersport.

Swapped it for a Clio Cup racer. It was a great car but too exposed. Felt like noddy sticking out of it half the time. Needed a wetsuit for wet trackdays. Had to rag it to get the best of it where i like to be smooth and accident chances probably not the best.

Nice one - second run was spot on.
Currently building a stripped out track purpose Tiger Avon with 180bhp crate engine Zetec with Jenvey throttle bodies. Looking forward to getting it on track in the summer. Like you say, expecting it to be like nothing else I've driven.

Sounds like its going to be fun, me and dad are currently building a GBS Zero with pretty much the same engine and throttle bodies!

Excellent stuff, sounds like a fantastic day out. They do look like a huge amount of fun and about as pure a drivers car as you could hope for! Nice vid, and congrats on winning!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Stevoox Spotted 3
A New Members 10
Stevoox Spotted 0
Stevoox Spotted 0
Stevoox Spotted 0