carbon parts....

Just testing the water really, Been thinkin of making some carbon wrapped parts for a while now as i cant afford to buy 100% genuine carbon parts and have thought about making my own but as of yet havent tried it myself to see how well the finish is etc..... If all is well and the finish is good would anyone be interested in me wrapping some carbon parts for them at a price obviously.................. :smile:

To start of with im looking at doing wing mirror covers, interior dash strips, centre console, Diamond badges etc. I know you can get these parts covered in carbon look vinyl but i have tried to do my centre console and its a pain in the arse to do without it creasing so thought this might be a better route. The parts will work out cheaper than 100% carbon parts and the plus point is unlike the 100% carbon wing mirrors for example which need bonding into place this will just wrap around your strandard wing mirror cover allowing them to be removed when or if you sell your car.

Like i said just testing the water and going to def start doing my own parts so thought id offer my services (providing it actually works). i'll post some pics up when i have done my wing mirror covers.

Cheers guys!

you mean like mine.? :wink:
31209004.jpg
31209005-2.jpg
carsinthepark2008027-1.jpg
have you ever done this before.?
If not then try something you can afford to bin if it doesn't work, because it's not easy to get a good finish.
Mine are vacumed to the part to get it tight, resin coated and then laquered.
Mine were done by "carbondelight" but there is a lad on the site somewhere that also covers parts.

No i havent tried it myself to be honest mate, I was going to buy some wing mirror covers and try it on those, dont really want to do it on my ones fitted in case it goes wrong. I spent about £30 quid on the 3m di noc vinyl to do my centre console which i got p****ed off with and ended up ripping back off and i can get hold of the carbon, base coat, resin and finishing compound for not a lot more. I have done some homework and to get a good finish i think it could take a good 3-4 days from start to finish for a pair of wing mirror covers cos of the curing times and the amount of resin coats you need to put on to get a good finish. Ill post some pics and see what you guys think.

Just out of interest home much did it cost to get your interior trims wrapped mate just to see if im wasting my time. Depending on finish and cost do you think there would be much interest???

Cost about £200 for all parts Inc delivery.
Takes about a week from sending parts to getting them back.

I'd like mine done but in the matt finish carbon

I think I would also prefer this for my wing mirrors. Maybe for the bumber strips and door handles to...

I do like the idea of a shiny carbon diamond though :drool:

Not really looked into the matte carbon finish to be honest as i prefer the gloss finish. I had the matte m3 carbon vinly and it didnt look like half as good as the gloss carbon vinyl i have now. The only problem with the diamond badges and interior are the prices to buy them in order to keep your standard ones if you want to swap them! Would have to trawl breakers find spares.....

I had an encounter with my front splitter and a kerb a while ago. Needless to say my splitter came of worse and cracked clean in 2! so i might try and resin joint it back together and use this as my first attempt at carbon wrapping. If it goes wrong its got to be replaced anyway cos its in 2 pieces!!

I had an encounter with my front splitter and a kerb a while ago. Needless to say my splitter came of worse and cracked clean in 2! so i might try and resin joint it back together and use this as my first attempt at carbon wrapping. If it goes wrong its got to be replaced anyway cos its in 2 pieces!!

Yes thats a pretty safe bet. Win win really