Carbon fibre number plate

rsevo

Gold Member
Hi after getting my new v5 through with my new private plate go on my 200 , I ordered some carbon fibre plates via Internet website , has anyone got these on there car, plates are plain, no background just carbon gel resin plates... Have look on www.platesforcars.co.uk (gel resin plates) section. Illegal or legal????

There show plates so not legal but hey its upto you if you run the car with them on, I've always ran plates which are not up to scratch in the eye of the law any never had a issue but each to there own

On there site they state there road legal , I ordered them , not thinking!!! , I normally research then buy..... Can anyone in no confirm if this company are putting putting road legal on there site and in fact making false claim?? I can't refund now I have committed to buy so over than going in local police to confirm!!!

Does it have the postcode of the manufacturer and a BSAU code on the visible side of the plate? If not they're not Road legal.

If you chose YES on the [Legal details] box then you will be fine. However, if you selected no they will fail an MOT.