Carbon Covered Recaros

So that's why you were so quiet today lol!

They look amazing! Definitely worth doing, can't wait to see it all finished!

do you want to do my door pillars paul.?

Yeah happily mate, Im going to do my other Recaro tomorrow as the other sheet of vinyl has come through today while I have been out. I should have enough left over to do it with mine TBH but I will confirm that tomorrow because I dont know if I want to do the centre console too! Decisions decisions!

Yeah that is a little bit cheaper than the stuff I got, if I need any more I know where to go!

I finally got round to putting the build number on to the seat base, covered that in carbon too and well impressed, thanks!

P1030483.jpg

So the link above , the stuff is good yeh ? How much would I need for door pillars interior dash not the seats as I don't have recaros :-( I mayeven do my mirror backs ! Any help greatly appreciated.

Hey mate, I cant say whether the link Rocky put up is good or not as I didn't use them. If you were to order through them I would think the £29.99 1x1.2m that is on offer would be enough for you to do what you want (Pillars, 3 dash inserts, centre console) not too sure how much you will need for wing mirrors but if you measure them up and then double it you wont be too far wrong.

The company I used do a price match guarantee and they offer a lot of different sizes too so you might find something more suitable through them. http://www.undergroundgraphics.com/...-DI-NOC-Carbon-Fibre-Vinyl-Sheets/p-728-2137/

Can someone let me know how I take the centre console off please! I have no idea and really dont want to break anything after hearing how much they are to replace!

Can someone let me know how I take the centre console off please! I have no idea and really dont want to break anything after hearing how much they are to replace!

Take stereo out, start from the top of the console and just pull either side at same time and it will come out, there held on by the same clips as the dash strips, the rest of them will follow once the top part is out then unplug the Start and hazard button all done

Take stereo out, start from the top of the console and just pull either side at same time and it will come out, there held on by the same clips as the dash strips, the rest of them will follow once the top part is out then unplug the Start and hazard button all done

Thanks mate, Ive just found out I dont have any keys to remove the radio, Ive got the code but not whatever it is to actually take it out! I guess that will be a trip to Renault then, anyone know how much it will be?

keys can be bought from halfrauds.

Ah great thats a lot better! I think I will get opinions first as im not sure if its going to be overkill to do the centre console too.

P1030490.jpg

Should I do the centre console to match!?

Last edited:
i can see where your coming from with the overkill bit mate,

it looks great and all that but you can/could over do it. ?

but i do think now you have done the strips then you have to do the center console as well for it to match.

Ok so I did the centre console and I didn't like the look of it in the end - it was all too dark. I got the second recaro finished though and really pleased with the results! Im glad to get it over with, I burnt myself so many times its ridiculous! Was a lot easier to do the second one though, I must be getting the hang of it lol!

Anyway here is a picture of both together just to finish off!

P1030495.jpg