Carbon Covered Recaros

Paul

Platinum Member
I have been trying to get this done for ages, first time I bought the wrong vinyl so I had to reorder the 3M stuff which is really good. So far I only have half of the order though as the guy forgot to send the second sheet of vinyl, so I will be doing the other seat whenever that comes through. The pictures really don't do it justice as they are from my phone and car is in the garage. You can get the idea though.

P1030476.jpg

P1030478.jpg

P1030479.jpg

P1030482-1.jpg

I also did the door pillars in the same stuff rather than Renaults effort and I really prefer it!

P1030477.jpg

Thanks for looking

...looks great.....can you post details of the supplier and cost.....would like to do somthing similar on door mirrors and pillars.....possibly some dash detailing??

Looks fantastic mate, real good job that :thumbup1:

...looks great.....can you post details of the supplier and cost.....would like to do somthing similar on door mirrors and pillars.....possibly some dash detailing??

Would be good to know^ How much is the 3M stuff?

Hey guys, thanks for your comments, its made me glad iv done it!!!

Good job man looks fantastic. Was it difficult to do?

It wasn't too difficult really worsen thing was the fact my car was cold so the vinyl was really stiff. I got the hairdryer out (not mine) and them it was pretty straight forward.

The supplier was a company called Underground Graphics - they garuntee to be the cheapest supplier of the 3M Vinyl and the service I hav had has been great despite forgetting one sheet! I got 2 60x122cm sheets and it was £69.90 which isn't too bad really.

that really does look smart mate,

the door pilars came out very well indeed.

more pics please.

Lol I will get some more pics up when I get the other sheet, there is one small hole in the one I have done which is really annoying me at the moment Im sure I will forget about it in time though!

nice, how do you do the fiddly bits like the cut outs?

You heat it up and I ran my finger around the edge to create the lip and then used a scalpel to trim it off, being completely honest there are a couple of rough edges but you have to look closely to see them lol!

:O wow. Great job mate, Was it time consuming and expensive?

Not massively expensive as I said earlier but it costs enough to take care over it lol! All in it probably took me about 4 hours to do the seat and both doors. I began doing the passenger seat base too but Iv had to come to work.

Cheers for the link!

I still can't decide on the interior bits lol, but I love the look of those door pillars :thumbup:

Yeah the door pillars look the nuts if i do say so myself! Should be pretty easy/cheap to get done too - the 30x60cm (£15) sheet should cover both sides iirc and its a better effort than renault. I dont understand why they dont come like that standard it would be soo good!

what is the likely hood of it being easily removed from the seatback when sale time comes? Will it be an easy removal or will it leave a gluey residue?

what is the likely hood of it being easily removed from the seatback when sale time comes? Will it be an easy removal or will it leave a gluey residue?

Its self adhesive and quite low-tack so it doesn't leave anything at all on the seat. You need to keep taking it off and re-laying it to get a smooth finish (no bubbles) so its designed to be done several times. Just make sure the surface is clean so it doesn't take any dirt/dust. If anyone is planning on doing it I would recommend working from the middle of the seat (that ridge) out to the sides, its 10 times easier than top to bottom IMO. I think its best to work from the middle for everything where possible.