Car moving under braking

MikeLYR27

Supercharged Platinum Member
Platinum Member
If I go hard on the brakes the car seems to want to move to the left, you can feel it through the back end 1st, feels a bit nervous. Any ideas chaps?

Mines the same, just thought it was normal, ever had it where you brake hard you have a solid pedal ABS seems to kick in but you dont slow down at all?? had this a few times but when you drive a normal road speed all is ok.

i know that about 98% braking force is thought the front wheels, law of logic is that the back will get really light. only way i can see to get round this is, kill azon and put his body in a bag in your boot, or put bigger brakes on the rear to help?

Hahaha! You not heard of a Brake Bias Adjuster mate that's what you want!?! :smiley:

The rears have a lot of pressure in them, I think they do a fair bit of the work to be honest. They certainly heat up nicely if you're pushing on. I like the little wiggle when the rear goes light, lets you know you're doing it properly. :smiley:

I won't be jumping to big brakes or adjuster too quickly. The rear is light and doesn't grip as well under braking. If you give it anymore braking force that is just asking it to lock.

theres also the "brake force distribution" at work - electronics moving the braking bias around slightly on the rear end

but when you really give it big on the brakes they do "move" around a bit :innocent:

Might be worth checking tyre pressures.

When I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago it felt very unstable under braking. Did the discs and pads which made it a fair bit better but still 'wobbly'.

I went and checked the tyre pressures and I can't beleive what the moron owner before me had done!

NSF 50psi
OSF 31psi
NSR 31psi
OSR 50 psi

No wonder it felt a bit odd! Sorted the pressures and it's felt 100% better since!

When I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago it felt very unstable under braking. Did the discs and pads which made it a fair bit better but still 'wobbly'.

I went and checked the tyre pressures and I can't beleive what the moron owner before me had done!

NSF 50psi
OSF 31psi
NSR 31psi
OSR 50 psi

No wonder it felt a bit odd! Sorted the pressures and it's felt 100% better since!

At that pressure, it had probably already lost some from what he had put in!

NSF 50psi
OSF 31psi
NSR 31psi
OSR 50 psi

probably liked it that way so he could oversteer in to corners :headphone:

Go on a track day and get tuition, they will get you moving it around! It was one of the things he specifically got me doing at Bedford.

Breaking at the black break board, slam on down shift twice and when it's moving round and your just able to turn in you know you are hitting optimal breaking points.

Great fun!

Mine stops 100% in a straight line.. I did a stop yesterday from 80 to 0 and tbh these are probably the best brakes I've had on any car.

Can't belive the tyres pressures on one of the above though, blodyhell