Car DVR / Dashcam

Paddy what class memory card do you have in your camera, ive bought the same as you but ive read certain cards in some dvr's don't work

Good question. I shall check.

Edit: I have checked and I have a 32 gb Kingston Technologies Class 10 Micro SD HC memory card in mine.

Last edited:
Just ordered two mate. What SD card do I need and how hard is it to wire them up to the mains/

Thanks

For the memory card I have a 32 gb Kingston Technologies Class 10 Micro SD HC memory card in mine.

As for wiring it in I've no idea. I have one of those multi adaptor things from Halfords I use and its plugged into that. It comes on and goes off with the car plugged into the lighter socket.

For the memory card I have a 32 gb Kingston Technologies Class 10 Micro SD HC memory card in mine.

As for wiring it in I've no idea. I have one of those multi adaptor things from Halfords I use and its plugged into that. It comes on and goes off with the car plugged into the lighter socket.

Thanks mate. Will order a couple. Don't like the idea of using the cig socket though, so will need to do some research on wiring them to the battery.

Thanks mate. Will order a couple. Don't like the idea of using the cig socket though, so will need to do some research on wiring them to the battery.

Fuse tap
an ebay 12v-5v converter
USB cable

+ some soldering etc.

Wouldn't suggest doing it if you're not comfortable with electrical work though.

Fuse tap
an ebay 12v-5v converter
USB cable

+ some soldering etc.

Wouldn't suggest doing it if you're not comfortable with electrical work though.

Thanks mate. Im not confident but know a few leccys which will help me. Is there an easy route into the engine bay?

Edit, just I don't need to go direct to the battery.

Last edited:
That's why you use a fuse tap, on the internal cabin fusebox. You don't need to pass anything through the bulkhead that way. Just use a chassis point as the ground.

That's why you use a fuse tap, on the internal cabin fusebox. You don't need to pass anything through the bulkhead that way. Just use a chassis point as the ground.

Thanks mate, realised that after I watched some youtube vids. Seems easy enough, but I may be back for with some more Q's.

I run a D310. I did NOT purchase the optional GPS module because I didn't like the idea of someone trying to use my dash cam's speed info against me (which is also why OnStar has been torn out of my truck).

The camera draws power through a Power Magic Pro device that I also purchased and installed. This device is basically a settable battery monitoring unit that acts as an uninterruptible power supply until it either a) senses battery voltage below a threshold you set or b) detects that a number of days that you set have elapsed.

Resolution on the camera is full 1080p. Storage is a 32GB class 10 micro SDHC card that I purchased separately. (It came with a 16GB class 10 card.) Daytime image quality is oustanding and night time is good. This camera has no monitor on it (which is fine because you see what it sees, anyway), so it's tiny -- it's slightly larger than a roll of U.S. dollar coins both in diameter and thickness.

Looking to get a mobius cam; there seem to be a few different models, but i'm not sure. Which one do I want, and where is a good place to buy?