Cams....

has any1 had there clio 197 with cat cams mapped by RSTuning?

I know kevo did.

Has the "reverting back to standard map" issue sorted yet any1 know?

thanks for your help!!

its just that im wanting to fit 402's soon but it seems like theres alot of mapping issues!?

would be a good idea to go speak to rs-tuning and see what they say

if there arent any problems you will get guarantees as to the work done so then it aint a worry !

Don't do it. It will cost £1500 for nothing.

That's 2, almost 3 sets of r888s or 4 sets of hankook rs-2s and they improve everything!! Braking, turning and accelerating!!!

woody did you have any problems running wise with your cams on standard ecu. How come simo and raptor had problems?

is there a decent standalone out yet any1 is running on the 197?

im going down the supercharged route eventually

i run omex 910 ecu guys ive never ran cams on standard ecu. the oe ecu only runs the normal car functions: unlocking and locking, ABS, TC, headlights and all the other normal functions, the omex runs the engine to make sure it keeps running. I have the idle set so low for the type of cam it used to just cut out at traffic lights etc.

i needed the ecu to make the car work though. cams, injectors, skimming, headwork, forged cons, oversized pistons, 1mm bigger valves, new valve seats, uprated springs a little bit more than the oe ecu can cope with

i run omex 910 ecu guys ive never ran cams on standard ecu. the oe ecu only runs the normal car functions: unlocking and locking, ABS, TC, headlights and all the other normal functions, the omex runs the engine to make sure it keeps running. I have the idle set so low for the type of cam it used to just cut out at traffic lights etc.

i needed the ecu to make the car work though. cams, injectors, skimming, headwork, forged cons, oversized pistons, 1mm bigger valves, new valve seats, uprated springs a little bit more than the oe ecu can cope with

have you retained all the standard dash functions with the 910?

is that a full standalone or do you run it as a piggy back?

its a piggy back off the standard ecu mate yeah as above ots only runs the engine the oe retains all the normal functions of the car.

its a piggy back off the standard ecu mate yeah as above ots only runs the engine the oe retains all the normal functions of the car.

what am i looking at to get one of those fitted and mapped in?

becuase i want cams etc eventually.

does a piggy back splice into the standard loom?

Did you have to buy another loom for it? Does the omex get the best out of the cams i.e no flat spots, nice power curve etc?! Im looking into maybe an omex 600.

it comes with wiring harness that connects to the main loom for piggy back application or a new loom can be bought if ure going to run the omex on its own. (not advisable)

depends how its set up mike mate, i was gunna reply to ure PM later and explain it all to you mate. I was advised to buy 910 as it has the capacity to be infinately adjusted to suit the application mate but it was close to £1000 to buy the unit and then to have it fitted properly its another £300-500 depending on the time it takes to set up and map the new parameters

Ah right ok i get it. I saw you could buy the looms but i wont need it as id run a piggy back like you. I have a feeling my map has changed slightly. Gonna see how it runs this week and then get it dyno'd sat and go from there to see if its lost any power. Yeah if you could explain it mate that would be great. Was just something i was thinking about to keep it running spot on all the time, or my map just needs a bit of tweeking. Might even be able to extract a bit more from the schricks that way with an omex?!

keep us updated on this mike. I my map felt different after i put a few miles on the clock, ie flat spot etc. Must be this fuel trim people keep talking about

I run mine on 402s with standard ECU mapped by AmD Essex and have had the car re-dyno'd every six months to check for any problems, the car has held its map and power output perfectly. Two years on and still no problems. Car idles as standard and low driving cruising is smooth.

It may make a small bhp gain ( +10/15bhp ) but i can pull away at a nice rate from standard 197s/200s so it must give some benefit.

WONs Max Extreme controller, works completely independently of the std ecu with RPM and Throttle position inputs.

Additional fuels injected with the nitrous in a wet shot as opposed to the OEM injectors supplying it.

Is it all supplied in a kit mate? Oh and back on subject cams with a good setup release a decent amount of power so is a good buy.