Cambelt time

As Ben says, will be more than worth it! The feeling of knowing it's all been done goes a long way!
Talking of maintenance, Renault called me yesterday to get my old 200 booked in for a service. I said I'd changed it but apparently the Trophy will need a service in February anyway... only do 5,000 miles a year and the servicing is all one price now at £225 :worried:

Reactions: Beany
Should be low £600's mate, cheaper still if you don't do waterpump but that's up to you... I'd do it every other cambelt change personally, new dephaser pulley is not an absolute necessity like on the 1*2s either.

Reactions: Beany
Should be low £600's mate, cheaper still if you don't do waterpump but that's up to you... I'd do it every other cambelt change personally, new dephaser pulley is not an absolute necessity like on the 1*2s either.

Yeah the figure is around that and I've got them to change the gearbox oil too whilst it's having a major session.

As Ben says, will be more than worth it! The feeling of knowing it's all been done goes a long way!
Talking of maintenance, Renault called me yesterday to get my old 200 booked in for a service. I said I'd changed it but apparently the Trophy will need a service in February anyway... only do 5,000 miles a year and the servicing is all one price now at £225 :worried:

I know as if they aren't expensive to maintain already dealers know how to claim more for servicing etc. I got quoted £210 for mine but that's done 12k miles, if yours has done 5k Micah means your not driving it enough

Slightly on topic, I think my cambelt was done by a Renault garage. However the only thing I've got to prove it is a tick in the service book, worrying me a tad now the aux belt is whistling..

If I ring up the dealer who did it, would they be able to look back and confirm the work was done?

Slightly on topic, I think my cambelt was done by a Renault garage. However the only thing I've got to prove it is a tick in the service book, worrying me a tad now the aux belt is whistling..

If I ring up the dealer who did it, would they be able to look back and confirm the work was done?

Was the work done before or after you owned it?

Should be listed on the invoice, however if it's not in your name I doubt garage would divulge any records ?!

Was the work done before or after you owned it?

Should be listed on the invoice, however if it's not in your name I doubt garage would divulge any records ?!

Before! That's why I'm worried...part of me says trust the service book, part of me says don't! £600 is a lot to waste on things it only "had done" 20k ago! Seems a bit early for an aux belt to start giving up the ghost though don't you think?

Similar Thread Suggestions