Cabasse

bm147

Paid Member
Hi Folks,

Making a few changes to the car over the next few months... The first change i would like to make is change the standard update list headunit to a Cabasse one

Now i dont want the actual 6 x CD Unit but instead i want to hook up a tunepoint!

The question is will the cabasse work with the wiring etc i have?

Bob

Tunepoint won't work with Cabasse, only with the standard Update List stereo.

Cabasse uses an ISO extension from the back of the head unit to under the drivers seat, the plugs for the steering wheel controls, display, aerial, and CD changer also terminate under the drivers seat. It may be that these are also just extension looms, but if they are, I haven't come across the original plugs behind the dash (and I have done a lot of rooting around back there!).

Last edited:
i thought the cabasse would work with the tunepoint if the CD changer unit wasnt installed...?

so thats what that box is under my seat !!!! didnt get owners manual with car so sound systems a mystery to me !!!
Can any one advise further ?

sorry what i meant was i dont want the box under the seat... Just looking for the headunit and a tunepoint...

So we think this still wont work?

definately won't work.

The bit under the drivers seat is the "head unit" the bit in the dash is just the CD changer and control panel. Remove the bit in the dash and the stereo still works (I did this at the weekend while rejigging something, so know this to be true).

If you don't have Cabasse, then there are much better aftermarket stereos out there than Cabasse IMO. If you just want a line-in, then get a Tunepoint.

If you do have Cabasse and want a line-in, then you can change to an aftermarket stereo, but the wiring will be a bit complicated. Alternatively you can use the large thin plug at the back of the underseat unit and hard wire in an aux-in socket, or an iPod controller, such as my Parrot MKi9200.

Don't wast your time mate, they are underpowered anyway so just replace it with an after market HU.