Cabasse Swap??

just got my new alpine head unit today and thought I had ghosts in the car!! took what I thought was the headunit out and the radio still played. I have since realised there is a tuner in the car, where is it and can I fit my player into the car??

thanks john

The head unit is under your drivers seat, though I am guessing this isn't where you want to fit the Alpine.

Behind the CD changer in the dash you will find ISO plugs plugged into an extension harness, you can unplug these and connect to your new stereo. Unfortunately I haven't spotted an aerial extension behind the dash, or anything for the stalk controls and display, they may be there though if you have a good poke around.

Good guess though. Lol! I haven't got one, but I thought I'd try and help out! Good job you came along with your advanced knowledge of the Cabasse!

Another question for you, could a Cabasse replace the standard cd player fit in my car?

The head unit is under your drivers seat, though I am guessing this isn't where you want to fit the Alpine.

Behind the CD changer in the dash you will find ISO plugs plugged into an extension harness, you can unplug these and connect to your new stereo. Unfortunately I haven't spotted an aerial extension behind the dash, or anything for the stalk controls and display, they may be there though if you have a good poke around.

thanks for the help when I take the headunit out is the iso connecter behind the black plastic in there? need to have a good look the french are crazy sometimes !!

ISO connectors are pretty easy to spot, might need to remove the climate controls too.

Arran - assuming the display, remote and aerial are all just extensions, then it should be do'able to retrofit.

Hmm, I wonder if it's worth a try if one becomes available. I think my display is different though.

Got the player fitted today thanks for the help. Im gonna get the aerial wire extented from under the seat to the back of the head unit