Anyone swapped Cabasse for an after market unit?

As title,
I like my cabasse but would like an after market unit with bluetooth etc, i would want to keep my stalk controls and have something on the screen.

I am just wondering whats involved as the cabasse unit is under the seat.

Cheers Will, this q was sort of aimed at you :tongueout:
I've read that thread and all the others I can find.
Am I correct in sayin that the iso plugs are behind the dash with an extension to under the seat?

I will need to run a aerial cable from under the seat to in the dash?

What do I do about the stalk and screen? Are they also extended to under the seat, or will I need to run those from the seat to dash?

I haven't taken the changer out yet as I don't have the keys.
I'm going to find some that work tomorrow.

I don't mind getting an alpine, but what's that about the display being different?

If the display is a pain I don't mind if that just shows the time and temp. But I would like to keep the stalk controls.

ISO's are extended from behind the dash, the others (aerial, remote, display) I am not sure about but you could probably just re-route that part of the loom back to the area behind the dash, otherwise you would need to extend them.

I swapped mine from the cabbasse unit, had to extend the aerial from the box under the seat and just plugged in the iso that are at the back of the head unit clipped on. I couldn't find a stalk adapter for this type of head unit so in the end just done away with the stalk controls

Cool.
I'm just taking stuff out not to find the iso plugs behind the dash

Seems like this is easier than I first thought.

I'm going to get a HU that has stalk adaptors available, and do them at a later date.

Cool am putting my car back to standard so am goons sell my head unit facia adpater and the aerial extension cable. It's the alpine xda 1005 unit the iPod one

Think I got the number wrong lol,will check when I get home from work. It's the iPod IPhone one without the cd player it also display the album art on the wee screen goons take pics and put it up for sale tonight

Ok buddy.
I'll leave it thanks. The box is 140 quid from what I've seen.
I'm looking at a pioneer unit now with a parrot kit built in.

Thanks for ya advice tho matey.