Bride/recaro 197 fitment?

Those are side mounts. Judging from Roas' pics, you need these as well as the subframes so you can mount the bucket seat onto the subframe. If you get recliners you only need the subframes.

You can always get universal subframes but they may require some drilling/modifications.

That is correct. You will need the mounts for the seats (universal) and a car specific subframe. The subframe can then be mounted on the original sliders.

Just noticed more replys! looks like its a bit of a mission to have anything but standard seats! the brides im looking at are base mounted so i could pos get away with universal subframes and have them drill if needed??

Not too keen on paying 900-1000 for just subframes.

the poles do look great in the car are they higher seating position than your standard ones are Roas?

Thanks
J

this is so confusing :worried:

can't I just use side mounts bolted to the floor then? I'll live without the sliding ability if this is possible

Last edited:
width between the side mounts most likely won't be correct - so won't align with the holes on the car floor. Even if the width is fine, you will probably need to drill new holes.

Will still require some sort of subframe I reckon. As mbarnes says, Al's way is probably the best way to go about it.

I emailed demon tweeks a while back asking for OMP ones for some seats I had seen this is what he emailed me back.

Thank you for your e-mail.

We can supply as follows :

OMP seatframes £52.40 per seat + vat

OMP seat slides to suit above £27.05 per seat + vat

These fit all the OMP basemounted seats ( holes facing the floor ).

Please ring 01978 663042 if you wish to order or need more information.

I emailed demon tweeks a while back asking for OMP ones for some seats I had seen this is what he emailed me back.

Thank you for your e-mail.

We can supply as follows :

OMP seatframes £52.40 per seat + vat

OMP seat slides to suit above £27.05 per seat + vat

These fit all the OMP basemounted seats ( holes facing the floor ).

Please ring 01978 663042 if you wish to order or need more information.

Yep, but its for the wrong model pal, they quoted me that but its for the 182!!

Matt, floor pan isnt flat on the 197, has a big metal ridge down the middle!

I think I found a solution

Renaultsports makes side mounts which bolt straight to the floor with multiple bolt holes for different seat widths

they are in the Clio Cup Catalog part number 7711160381 and cost approx 190 euro

not so sure about that. The pics i saw of the mounts they didnt seem to suit different width seats. Only the cup sabelt seats. Also that means the seats will base mount directly to the floor pan making them very low. Fine in a track car. Not so good when trying to park.

Recaro does subframes etc. but I wouldn´t really recommend them as long as you don´t have to go through German TÜV etc.

They´re not so warp resistant tbh. I will fit some cross joints soon.

Roas I guess the only solution is to buy the not so warp resistant Recaro subframes :smile:

Can you please share the part number?

Thank you

Roas, I just checked with the dealer and part no 68.92.19 is listed as the Clio V6 left hand frame at 87.00 pounds.

are you sure this is the one you fitted in your 197?

Roas, I just checked with the dealer and part no 68.92.19 is listed as the Clio V6 left hand frame at 87.00 pounds.

are you sure this is the one you fitted in your 197?

Well, I have the number from the Recaro Website...wait I have a look at my paperwork from the TüV...

EDIT: Left console is 68.92.19 ; Right console is 68.92.29

As far as I can tell, Recaro doesn´t even have consoles for the V6 Clio...

I think I'll buy the renaultsport side mounts rather than shipping the wrong Recaro frames. As you can see in the pic below they have multiple bolt holes for both seat width and seat height adjustment

I sat in that Clio and the seating position is not that low

tX3iV.jpg

for those interested, the part numbers are: 7711160039 for driver's seat, 7711160381 for passenger's seat at 189 euro each

lol I just found out that the renaultsport sidemounts don't fit the Recaro Pole Position bolt holes

this is soooooooooo frustrating

Roas ,in the Recaro adapters and baseframes catalogue the part numbers you listed are shown as not compatible with the Pole Position seat. see here: http://www.recaro.com/fileadmin/extensions/rec_usa/pdf/Aftermarket_Manuals/Baseframe_list.pdf

are you 100% sure they align with the original bolt holes on the 197's floor?

Could you see if they fit Spracos for me pls pal?

I think I found a solution

Renaultsports makes side mounts which bolt straight to the floor with multiple bolt holes for different seat widths

they are in the Clio Cup Catalog part number 7711160381 and cost approx 190 euro

For a pair??

If they fit mine then I will sell someone my custome frames!! They are the dogs bollacks (should be for the price) as these will save me weight!!

Roas ,in the Recaro adapters and baseframes catalogue the part numbers you listed are shown as not compatible with the Pole Position seat. see here: http://www.recaro.com/fileadmin/extensions/rec_usa/pdf/Aftermarket_Manuals/Baseframe_list.pdf

are you 100% sure they align with the original bolt holes on the 197's floor?

Now that is interesting *lol*

The consoles will mount perfectly on the original slide rails. I have those parts installed and registered legally, so you shouldn´t worry :smile: