Branx's Black 197

Nice car mate! Love the carbon dash trim bits, looks good you'll have to get a pic uploaded of them fitted:smiley:

Jealous of the stereo, I really want it. I've read reviews and it looks good, but what's your opinion on it? Does it block the controls when it's extended?

Nice car mate! Love the carbon dash trim bits, looks good you'll have to get a pic uploaded of them fitted:smiley:

Jealous of the stereo, I really want it. I've read reviews and it looks good, but what's your opinion on it? Does it block the controls when it's extended?

It's a great piece of kit, everything you need. Even has a dedicated Spotify client, so if you use Spotify - it's amazing. BT, rear-camera, all the works.
Yes, like all motorized 1-DINs, it blocks the AC controls, but whatever - I always leave it on 22 and Auto, so don't care.

Finally some pics of the trim fitted...

11195031bf38d065bc74bb0849643162.jpg

cfd0cc7c4be20ab1c83a3bc16952ba6e.jpg

24bb5db6331281341f6361b2a628e74d.jpg

47775334312935707af5efa30026c810.jpg

And with the HU out in plain sight:

f993d1b2245a8d47617991bd4900ff4b.jpg

bb343555cd7aa8ef7ae2e1befd47b51f.jpg

Now to see if the yellow RenaultSport sticker will fit the trim, and to finally wash the car inside out and put new RenaultSport mats.

Tapatalk really shits on the pics btw
And it doesn't look THAT dark in real life...

Reactions: brunodias and Micah
Trim looks great mate!

Still really jealous of your stereo every time I see it!

Tnx mates!

Still some stuff to do inside, but the weather and little one of 11 months won't let me :smile:

Steering wheel feels amazing and those different types of leather on it don't seem so contrasting like in the pic.
Just want to redo the stitching on it to yellow like on the mats.

@Dystant it's around 350£ here in Croatia, don't know the prices in UK, but go for it if u like it, you won't regret it :smiley:

Yesterday went to my local service shop:

- Goodridge SS brake lines mounted
- Brake fluid changed with ATE Typ200 - a bit better feeling under the foot, maybe also better dosage of braking power. Satisfied!
- Powerflex lower engine mount and gearbox mount inserts added - before I only had PF torque arm insert, and it transferred quite a lot of vibrations to the steering wheel - now with these two - all gone. Great feeling, as the engine/gearbox and chassis now finally work in sync. Result :smile:
- Pressurized whole cooling system to check for leaks - there were none!
- Mounted new rubber seals between doors and rear windows

No pics :censored::drunk:

Tomorrow MOT time, insurance already coughed up today :wink:

Reactions: ///M
No big news, just some small stuff changed/added, finally sun has come up for the last few days, so a bit of cleaning and meddling around :smile:
Mounted the 'invisible' plate holders:

LtVM7KSh.jpg

87yvz6Qh.jpg

Finally put new RS OEM floor mats, now I really need to get my steering wheel and gaiter re-stitched to match the 'yellow-orange' of the mats. Oh and RS200 Recaros would fit nicely now :tongueout:

HAdkgSDh.jpg
4e4beWZh.jpg

And then some random images, YES I KNOW I'm missing the front bumper lip - I'm too cheap to pay 100€ for the basic lip, and RS ones are much too expensive... we'll see.

I5MzeFmh.jpg

LsodBRDh.jpg

gr4yB3rh.jpg

vG1dL5Th.jpg

TkqMYRZh.jpg

pBP6LHYh.jpg

Oh and here you can see the rear indicators 'detangoed' :smiley:

zFphRTeh.jpg

That paintwork is absolutely STUNNING !

Yeah it's alright, front bumper is scraped a bit on the front left corner (maybe not seen on the pictures), and black being black - swirl marks all around, but will polish it up soon enough, so then you'll see - big difference even in the pics :smile:

Yeah it's alright, front bumper is scraped a bit on the front left corner (maybe not seen on the pictures), and black being black - swirl marks all around, but will polish it up soon enough, so then you'll see - big difference even in the pics :smile:

What used car paintwork is perfect ? !

Point is you can see its loved and cared for.

Look forward to the even more updated piccies !