Boot unlocks when I start car!!!

Started last night, got in and pressed start button and boot opened?? Thought I had done something so when stopped I switched off then started car again and it did it again.
Anyone any ideas?
I just leave car running jump out and shut it but can't do that everything journey.

well ive never heard of this before! hope you get it sorted mate. I can only assume its some sort of electrical/signal fault??

^^^^

there are little black rubber plates on the bottom of the boot lid either side of the catch.

pull them out to see if it drains.

Locked the tailgate with all buttons and all seems fine now. Pulled out grommets and it bone dry. Must have just been a glittich. Will keep posted.

Started with me last week. Sometimes locked shut and won't budge and sometimes pops open at random times including on ignition. Missis' uncle looked at it as he's a mechanic and already replaced 3 of the locks on these. Wd40 for now and having it changed in service next month.

Seen this on the site before, doubt its water if it happens when you start car. It's most likely a dodgy earth or an ECU fault, its the only things that would give current to your lock solenoid at that exact time (that I can think of).