Boot Leveling

Went camping in the 200 the other week, and i must say, that bar is rather uncomftable..

Has anyone removed the rear seats and leveled the back, i presume you would use wood of sorts?

Cheers Ben

I think someone in France converted their 197 to a van and had the rear levelled. Not sure how, but he had a carpet tailor made for it too. Looked great and apparently saved him a fortune in tax!

my idea is level the rear take out back steats, then in the base, make a cut out for the battery Amps and maybe sub if i keep it, and carpet the lot, should look quite tidy :smiley:

This is what I'm lookin at doing but at that price I will be making my own with some ply wood a jigsaw and el cheapo carpet offcuts... Want more room for the dog and camping gear. Maybe a hinged hatch to store extinguisher, mini tyre generator etc....I pm'd the Belgian guy asking for more detail but no reply....think he's gone awol...

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?p=245316

Last edited:
that the idea, im hopefuly going to mesure up and talk to some people about it when it stops raining, as i dont have a garage :worried: ill do my best to keep you noted

Whatever you end up with (and this is only my personal opinion) I would ensure you can put the rear seats etc back in when selling the car. If not your taking a huge chunk of the market away and value of the car when you come to sell it as what you intend to do won't be to many peoples taste when looking for a 2nd hand car. Interesting though and will be following - good luck!

Im sure that bar across the floor is something to do with the isofix for the seats no? would def be worth keeping even if you do take it out. Dont think the cup model has the bar (correct me if im wrong)