Boosted 7UP track toy - New Toy Revealed

Right so it's "carbon skinned". OK. Looks decent though. Be interesting to see it fitted.

Right so it's "carbon skinned". OK. Looks decent though. Be interesting to see it fitted.

No this was made from a 2 piece mould. Not skinned, But yeah as i said isnt how i liked it nor is it that good in my eyes but still, bit of carbon for it

Soooooo

Got plenty done today,
First off whilst it was all off was drop the exhaust all off and heatshield so i could drill some eyelets for my harness. Im aware they need to be spun to sit flat, however thats an easy fix, just glad they are mounted safer than before.

20170812_135114_zpsasbxjxht.jpg

Now the inside is a tip but im hoping over winter to have it all gutted and sprayed up inside.

Eyelets and spreaders installed

20170812_141821_zpsjfjkeven.jpg

So then come time to put the whole car back together, dragged on a few weekends now so just cracked on and now the car sits on all 4 again! Clutch bled up fine, topped the gearbox up with fuchs race syncro fluid, other bits tidied up too. Just hub nuts and washer bottle to tighten up and then i can see how it drives.

Im torn with putting the CF bonnet on too, looks nice but unsure how it will react to the heat of the turbo etc so may look into getting it treated

20170812_201147_zpsozwzhfhm_edit_1502574270564_zpsyubngmey.jpg

Its just resting on my pins atm, needs to be drilled etc for pins.

Also booked some track time again, a track i done before new tyres and diff so be interesting to see how it weighs up now!

Reactions: Sean197 and Pav
How much lighter is the new bonnet?

Nothing in it at all, in all honesty. Its a solid outer skin which is then bonded with tigerseal to a solid inner skin. Resin ontop and then 4 layers or laquer due to a dodgy amount of resin, so nothing in it really. Mostly for looks or shows if i do any

Reactions: trackspec197
Update time..... its a goodun

So i decided to book up Cadwell park, so first things first is clean up the car. Gave it a good deep scrub and even wax'd it!! Also took some wire wool to my coilovers as they were in a sorry state from last years salty roads.

Arches and coilovers getting a little scrub
20170820_142230_zpsdyb2ogeg.jpg

Rear coilovers - renaultsport springs
20170820_144131_zpsogfaneg6.jpg

Fronts getting some attention
20170820_141312_zpsxhwdnz64.jpg

Fronts, luckily it was just surface rust and most come off.
20170820_141644_zpstvpqqr0p.jpg

One of the small annoying jobs i finally got round to doing too, removing the horrible rubbery vinyl on the doors. I had done the otherside around 3 months ago but just not had the time to mess around with the smaller jobs.. but they both match now
20170822_191314_zps8dvd3nnj.jpg

With the weapon all loaded up ahead of the long jouney to cadwell it just started to rain.Also found this little fella haha

20170820_165824_zpsothoolrv.jpg

So i arrived early at cadwell as i expected it to be fairly busy and set uo the gazebo just incase of rain.

20170823_083050_zpstp3butkl.jpg

So again another full trackday with no issues what so ever except from a minor thing being my UJ inside the car for steering had come loose... just nipped it up and no further issues.

Overall, all the things i had done to it has made a massive difference in the way the car handles and grips. At long last the car is exactly how i want it to be!!
Points where i want it and grips beyond my expectations. I did however keep forgetting i had the lsd so still room for improvement there.

I will play around with pressure too as i believe i was running abit lower than advised.

Finishing off, im happy the car now drives on 3 wheels most the circuit too which ends uo with epic photos!

I will be uploading some clips too.

Should also be getting my newer style Sabelt RenaultSport seat start of October, meaning i can throw my older style into passenger side.
I really enjoyed driving with one seat mind you.

Last edited:
3 of my favourite pictures from the day!

Full res wont work so had to print screen them on my phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170830-223109.png
    Screenshot_20170830-223109.png
    2 MB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_20170830-223114.png
    Screenshot_20170830-223114.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20170830-223121.png
    Screenshot_20170830-223121.png
    2 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Enjoyed the little vid.....and the 3 wheeled pic is epic. Not "only just" on 3 wheels either. Deep into it !

You sound like you're really happy with the car right now and in a good place. Not many of you track guys say that very often.....Always chasing the next weak-spot on the car.

Have fun !

Enjoyed the little vid.....and the 3 wheeled pic is epic. Not "only just" on 3 wheels either. Deep into it !

You sound like you're really happy with the car right now and in a good place. Not many of you track guys say that very often.....Always chasing the next weak-spot on the car.

Have fun !

If you look om the last pic, the rear one, its also 3 wheels haha

Im really over the moon with it, next yesr, wrap and tidy it up, apart from that theres not much more i want to do

More safety stuff for the car and myself really

Reactions: sevenfourate
Update:

Been abit slow however ive a massive list of to do things over this coming winter..

To Do List
Strip dash
Remove sound deadening (done)
Tape up interior loom/relocate
Spray inside
Spray roll cage
Suede wrap/flock dash
Doorcards
Poly windows (on order)
Collect new RS Sabelt Seat
Temp gauges
JG Fuel system
Extinguisher install
Diffuser?
Cupracer front end Conversion
Strip coilovers
Treat coilovers + covers
Powdercoat 2 sets wheels
Slicks
Powerflex black rear beam (tracked a cupracer rear beam im collecting)
Rewrap downpipe and link pipe
Flush brake/clutch system
Rebuild calipers
Full geo
Hans device + helmet

:good::shuv::shuv::shuv:

Managed to strip the tar out the car today and plan how im going to approach the spray.
I done a small test patch with an old white primer i had, which worked well.

Car is officially off the road also, as of next month :excited:20170916_161510.jpg 20170916_170917.jpg

Reactions: Big Ben and peter