Boosted 7UP track toy - New Toy Revealed

This is all based now on the fact i have a 2005 model evo, factory spec, apart from IC
When i was looking 2-3 years ago the evo has not budged in price also
The clio since ive got it have gone down from 8k to lower spec ones being as little as 2k

But overall performance etc etc too

I dont regret my build one bit, car in the right hands will show allot of cars up on track too

But me moving away from track cars and having a wow road car is more for me now

Maybe i am getting old afterall

Having driven both megged and NA recently my opinion is this:

The NA setup is a real hoot. The free revving engine and the noise that comes with it are second to none imo BUT only when thrashing the car round to the redline.
Trying to drive it daily would bore me to tears. Every modern car pulls away quicker and keeps up with traffic better but the 197/200 is so gutless below 4000rpm I found it a real chore.

The Megged Clio on the other hand feels much more mature. Driving it is a doddle with lots of low down grunt and enough top end power to keep you wanting to get through the revs. A winning combo for me whether it daily or track.
I haven’t been in any car with over 300bhp so can’t say whether my car is fast or not. What I can say though is it’s fast enough for me and I get to keep the beautiful mk3 Clio to boot!

Just my opinion

It is that! Part of the reason I changed to the 200t!

In the German com there are quite some problems related to the gearbox, loss of power, quality issues of all kinds and so on and so forth. I'm actually happy I didn't got me one of these downsized 1.6 Liter turbo trashcans.:tonguewink:

Having driven both megged and NA recently my opinion is this:

The NA setup is a real hoot. The free revving engine and the noise that comes with it are second to none imo BUT only when thrashing the car round to the redline.
Trying to drive it daily would bore me to tears. Every modern car pulls away quicker and keeps up with traffic better but the 197/200 is so gutless below 4000rpm I found it a real chore.

The Megged Clio on the other hand feels much more mature. Driving it is a doddle with lots of low down grunt and enough top end power to keep you wanting to get through the revs. A winning combo for me whether it daily or track.
I haven’t been in any car with over 300bhp so can’t say whether my car is fast or not. What I can say though is it’s fast enough for me and I get to keep the beautiful mk3 Clio to boot!

Just my opinion

See going by the map you drive the megd engine 2k-5.5k really
Clio i think is more 4k to 7k

Kinda works with the evo which i love revving over 7k and drive it above 3k

I just think the r26 engine isnt a great engine if your doing the conversion

Maybe 250 engine is easier
Maybe the mk4 clio engine (been done already)

But yeah shows how good Renault team done producing the car in its standard form which i feel suits it allot better

Ive always said people expect it to go like stink like youd see in a nova - z20let or similar, abit bonkers, however its pretty tame

So, little update...

[...that morning i had done around 5 hours driving of an NA 197.
Safe to say in my eyes putting a meg engine into these cars is not right at all

NA felt much more fun, however only positive from my clio i found the diff is still incredible and the noise etc

So thoughts.....

If/when i get another mk3 it will be a pretty basic stripped, cage, bolt on mods and map, diff

Makes you realise how fun the cars are in the NA form

Buy this man a beer, he speaks total sense:thumb:

MK3 Clio RS is not a good car for a daily in my humble opinion. Costly, stiff and gutless when plodding around. If I had to have only one car I would have sold mine years ago because it simply wouldn't be sustainable...cost-benefit analysis and all that. And that's why I totally understand people doing this conversion or selling out and going mk4.

However, if the clio can only be used for fun then NA is the way forwards. The package is simply so good. Not as quick as a meg'd clio for sure but the mixture of throttle balancing the car at high revs, the responsiveness of the chassis in sync with the engine and the sound can not compare. A meg'd clio is more effective, efficient, quick (you can use as many adjectives as you wish here) but a NA clio is more fun:smile: