boiler engineer in leeds

hi can anybody recommend a good quality and reputable boiler engineer in leeds
my boiler is on the blink and my house is ffrrreeeezing but i dont want to be ripped off

hi can anybody recommend a good quality and reputable boiler engineer in leeds
my boiler is on the blink and my house is ffrrreeeezing but i dont want to be ripped off

We've just had a bloke from near me fit ours! (I live in Wakefield) and he does jobs in Leeds. He's called A.M pluming. Good price, but also a great guy!

R S Gascare Services is cock on fella

he is a mate of mine and been doing it well over 20 years.

he is in garforth but travels 07986 804838

he will be busy as all good ones are but may be able to get out to you.

Oh and he won't rip you off and gives you it straight.

cheers all my mates give me his mates number will see what he says
he wants £45 just to come and look is that right, in the 8 years iv lived in my house ive never had to deal with the boiler, it has tought me about needing to service regularly

the boiler its self will some times come on then go off within 2 mins
or it will come on and be fine its been getting a lot worse lately though and wont stay on, it sounds like it lights then goes out, also i noticed a leak on the pump yesterday, im not very confident in messing with it though
i would rather somebody came and had a look

is it a combi boiler?

might be low on pressure mate

my mate charges me no call out as you would expect.

you could ring british gas and ask for a one off fix price? (although i've had some crap service off them in the past).

yeah its a combi, pressure was good even with a little leak
other thing i forgot was it is giving hot water to the taps no problem its just the central heating side ill see what this chap has to say tomorrow

Ok well I'm not a heating engineer but it may be the expansion tank on top?

I'm sure I remember my mate using a bicycle pump to re pressurise it.

Not got a combi anymore so I can't look.

Try google, ya can't beat cocking about with boilers when your not qualified lol

Film your self and we may see you on rogue traders going up a cloud of smoke.

No knowledge on them but it sounds similar to the problem i had on my 'ideal' boiler, try running the boiler with the front cover off, keep your fingers away when you try it just incase the leak is causing an electrical short

Ravenheat! Oh dear. Bin it. Lol! I work on these daily. If the hot water is working but no heating, my guess is the pump, these tend to keep working on hot water some how, does it start banging when on?

yeah ive read raven heat is crap, the pump doesn't bang the chap came out and has checked it over he says every thing seems ok apart from the electrical box that switches the fan on so hes going to change that, so with a bit of luck it will be as im frozen

What model Ravenheat is it? Is it a CSI 85T? They're renown for faulty flow sensors. Change them on a daily basis. Seriously, I would save some money and replace it with something that wasn't bought in B&Q because it'll start giving you grief soon. They fall apart after about 8 years.