Blown exhaust

No that's good well it not good but at least you checked the vital parts and the garage doing the work is looking out for you. OK the repaired manifold has a weld hole at the flexi and the fitted manifold has cracks at the headers causing the noise while driving it back. What state is the rest of the exhaust in what's missing what's there etc. both cats or none mid box there or not well what I'm getting at is if the CAT's are missing the centre box also then the car was sold to you not road legal MOT wise the manifold for one and if the second CAT is missing then they especially a car trader or dealer so what's the MOT status at the moment because that's going to be a headache further along. You might even find that the guy who sold it has already swapped the manifold and then found that the one they fitted is as bad and they are trying it on.
There is 10 months mot left and the standard exhaust system is there as it should be. Starting to panic abit as hoped it would be resolved by now. Looking to get a clear answer tomorrow on what’s happening and if no progress going to ask them to collect the car for a return before time runs out and I have no legal rights.

OK then so what has happened the exhaust has happened in the last 2 months as it would/should fail an MOT if it was blowing out at the time. An exhaust is something we all have to deal with at some time and the manifold is a common problem mostly caused by engine mounts allowing more than normal movement or someone being rough working with the rest of the exhaust system and not thinking what's happening at the other end so at this stage you need to consider is this the only problem or signs of more ( timing belts due, gearbox etc.) and if you can afford to run the car maintenance wise and what the car is 2006, 2007, 2008 etc.and what's been paid for it. To continue you have choices fix what ever manifold you choose, or sell both as spares or trade in and buy another repaired one, or buy a new aftermarket one with possibility of adjustments needed when fitting and possible remap all options will require engine mount work in order to maximise the life of the manifold replacement to be honest the new genuine lower mount is much stronger the gearbox one is cheap just longer to fit and the upper genuine one is fine and if it starts to go you can put a powerflex bush in it now or until that time it's needed. I cant speak of the vibrations of upgraded mounts I prefer comfort and originality myself and it's something you can talk about for weeks but two seconds experiencing it will make your mind up.

OK then so what has happened the exhaust has happened in the last 2 months as it would/should fail an MOT if it was blowing out at the time. An exhaust is something we all have to deal with at some time and the manifold is a common problem mostly caused by engine mounts allowing more than normal movement or someone being rough working with the rest of the exhaust system and not thinking what's happening at the other end so at this stage you need to consider is this the only problem or signs of more ( timing belts due, gearbox etc.) and if you can afford to run the car maintenance wise and what the car is 2006, 2007, 2008 etc.and what's been paid for it. To continue you have choices fix what ever manifold you choose, or sell both as spares or trade in and buy another repaired one, or buy a new aftermarket one with possibility of adjustments needed when fitting and possible remap all options will require engine mount work in order to maximise the life of the manifold replacement to be honest the new genuine lower mount is much stronger the gearbox one is cheap just longer to fit and the upper genuine one is fine and if it starts to go you can put a powerflex bush in it now or until that time it's needed. I cant speak of the vibrations of upgraded mounts I prefer comfort and originality myself and it's something you can talk about for weeks but two seconds experiencing it will make your mind up.
Yes I appreciate what you are saying. Thanks for the reply’s and tips. All mounts have been done with power flex and timing belt has been done. Cars been serviced on time every time. Full service history and bar the exhaust it really is mint. From what I’ve been told the problem has been caused by the previous owner trading in the car, with the slightly lower trade in price he has removed the aftermarket system to sell separate and replaced with an original system presumably a quick cheap one . Thus this issue. How true that is I really don’t know! I can afford the car maintence wise and I do expect things to go wrong in the future and I’m fine with that!. I’m just not paying out for something that’s happened so soon and under warranty. Sure to let you know when it’s back on the road! Cheers