Black ops, very disappointed.

I have set my xbox up at home now. I have been playing black ops a for a few nights now and I can't believe how much of a let down the online multiplayer is.

I kept getting kicked from games, I were experiencing a stupid amount of lag which was ruining my game. So much so I thought my Internet connection had broke.

So I changed my home plugs from 85 mbs to a massive 500 mbs net gear home plugs. I replaced the cat 5 cables and then set about testing the router and the connection speeds.

Wireless connection in the living room was 16 mbs + with 29 mili seconds of ping, the wired connection from home plug 2 in the bedroom where the xbox is came out at 16.3 mbs and 29 mili seconds of ping.

So the connection was more than fast enough for online gaming. After messing about and researching it turns out that the reason black ops is so poor is because of poor servers.

I tried mw2 on the exact same set up and the game was spot on. I were coming out on top more or less evey time.

Black ops is a very good game but the server issue is ruining the online experience IMO and it's a massive let down.

Is anyone else feeling the same?

Looks like I'll be playing mw 2 for a while until the server issue is sorted if anyone is up for a game?

Are Black ops server proper dedicated servers or do they use a peer2peer system whereby one of the person consoles is the 'server'? I know from pc games the latter doesn't work they just do it it maintain control.

in all the months of playing black ops online since its realease, i can only remember one or two occasions where connection has been bad etc.

generally its very good. possibly you have been just unlucky?!

Its a peer2 peer host system and even if you have 3 green bars or even 4 sometimes, it's so laggy that bullets wont register in the hitbox!!

Black Ops has however been blighted by their poor servers in the past week or so. Loads of forums have had threads about it and it is being resolved as we speak. Last night was 100% perfect but earlier this week there was no point in playing.

All I can say is keep trying and if it's a bad host you may as well just quit and play MW2 instead.

Its a peer2 peer host system and even if you have 3 green bars or even 4 sometimes, it's so laggy that bullets wont register in the hitbox!!

Black Ops has however been blighted by their poor servers in the past week or so. Loads of forums have had threads about it and it is being resolved as we speak. Last night was 100% perfect but earlier this week there was no point in playing.

All I can say is keep trying and if it's a bad host you may as well just quit and play MW2 instead.

Thanks for that matey, I thought it was just as much.

Ill be giving black ops a miss for a while until they get some dedicated servers.

It's a bit of a joke tbh that they haven't used dedicated servers from day one

Only ever had a couple problems in the 2 or so days gameplay I've clocked up online, very very rare I get lag, I find its a lot better than mw2 for lag. Mw2 was a great game just full of boosters and required no skill. If anyone wants a blast on black ops I'm on now my gamertag is sharper carper

Only ever had a couple problems in the 2 or so days gameplay I've clocked up online, very very rare I get lag, I find its a lot better than mw2 for lag. Mw2 was a great game just full of boosters and required no skill. If anyone wants a blast on black ops I'm on now my gamertag is sharper carper

Really?

I found it was the other way round?

I've clocked up nearly 6 days playing time and I rarely have any trouble on my xbox, however if I play wager match's litterally half the time i find a crap server! MW2 is soo hacked now though i couldnt go back to it!

I can't play mw2 now, its unbearable, so many boosters and cheats, hate getting messages aswell with people asking me to join there 10th prestige lobbies.

Is that what that is?

I have had a few messages asking me to join prestige lobbies.

I don't know why they would think I'd want to join?

They're supposidly releasing a patch very soon to help get rid and ban the hackers.
I still play MW2, and just lately there has been a massive decrease in hacked lobbies. Maybe already started banning people!

I didn't realise how easy it is to hack cod.

I did some research into it after getting panned by some hackers and I hope they all get banned the cheats.

Cod is abit of fun, why would some people take it so serious as to hack the games so they can win all the time?

Got put into a hacked game once where they had every care package as a chopper gunner or a ac130, funny though as our team. Beat the hackers lmao! I got loadsa hate messages off them!

not personally had any problems on black ops...

clocked about 7 days or so online gameplay and had online connection trouble about 5% max of that time online...

pretty decent really!!

hacking was chaos on MW2 so many hacks flying about...

Similar Thread Suggestions