Big Bens non Clio

This evening my dear old Nan Elsie died. She was 92

She had suffered from Parkinson's for the last few years and it has been hard to see her deteriorate the way she did.

She was brave to the very end and I can only hope that when my time comes I can show the same courage and dignity that she did.

Life sucks at times. I've lost both my Nans in the space of 8 weeks.

RIP Elsie
It was a pleasure to meet you yesterday Ben and I enjoyed talking to you very much. I was so sorry to read about both your Nans mate. My thoughts are with you and your family. RIP Elsie.

Ben, really sorry to hear this mate. I lsot two of my grandparents really close to each other too. Know how it feels. Thoughts are with you and the family and may Elsie rest in paradise.

So sorry to hear of your loss Ben. My thoughts are with you and your family, I hope you're all doing ok.

Suspension update:

My cars in at TwoTechs. 6am start but no traffic on M25 so had time to hit the cafe beforehand:yum:

Then it all went downhill.

Another Clio Job was overrunning from yesterday so car didn't get on ramp until 10:30 which I only found out when I called them at 2pm for an update. Was told that n/s hub had cracked when forcing lower balljoint in! And they were just waiting to see if o/s hub was going to crack before they called me:grimacing:

I asked for prices on new hubs both sides as these already have lower ball joint in them. I can then sell on the balljoints I've already purchased to offset some of the cost of the new hubs. Would surely save labour on them not fussing with knackered hub?

Bottom line it's going to cost me another £400 on top, less what I get for selling 2 ball joints. Hopefully I can collect it Saturday morning.

Not great eh? But s**t happens

Bawbags mate. Sorry to hear that. There are often unexpected problems. Shame it's a pretty big one though.

Hopefully your first few country road S bends will make it all seem absolutely worth it.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of your loss dude. :worried: Never easy.

Think of the shiny new parts to replace the crappy old hubs though. That's what I always focus on when I get unexpected bills.

Reactions: Big Ben
Sorry to hear of your loss dude. :worried: Never easy.

Think of the shiny new parts to replace the crappy old hubs though. That's what I always focus on when I get unexpected bills.
Thanks mate.

Yep I'm happy with new hubs, balljoints, top mounts, springs etc..
Just finding the way of telling the wife the hard bit:excited:

Need to grow a pair...

Oh dear Ben, I wonder if I've left a curse hanging around that place! I'm not expecting good news on Monday to be honest...

Oh dear Ben, I wonder if I've left a curse hanging around that place! I'm not expecting good news on Monday to be honest...
The Clio curse haha
Difficult situation you're in Micah:grin:
They are great blokes Matt and Terry so won't harp on. But they do seem overstretched by their workload.
My setback has cost someone their spot tomorrow now and so on. Probably see you there Monday Micah:smile:

Reactions: Micah
Won't be much left to replace at this rate... I'll be rolling in a new 197 lol

197 v2 :smile:

Going to feel that way for sure Ben. Dont admire the bill your facing. Bet its going to be amazing to drive though. Front-end is going to be factory-fresh.....and more !

sorry to hear Ben..look at it this way..brand new shiny parts will be fitted to your baby which is always a bonus...will handle better and an overall feel will improve..
take it easy mate

Sorry to hear this Ben, not what you needed at all! I'm confused though - how come you're having to pay for the hubs when the garage cracked them trying to fit the ball joints?? Did they crack because of their age, or because of the garage's mistake?

Sorry to hear this Ben, not what you needed at all! I'm confused though - how come you're having to pay for the hubs when the garage cracked them trying to fit the ball joints?? Did they crack because of their age, or because of the garage's mistake?
Age Jimmy unfortunately mate. I've just seen the part and it was a tiny little crack but I don't like chancing things and nor do the garage so I choose new hubs both sides. They were in a bit of a state so happy enough to refresh the whole lot whilst it was on a ramp.

Reactions: Jimmy
Age Jimmy unfortunately mate. I've just seen the part and it was a tiny little crack but I don't like chancing things and nor do the garage so I choose new hubs both sides. They were in a bit of a state so happy enough to refresh the whole lot whilst it was on a ramp.

Ah ok, got ya. I guess that's the problem as these cars get older, especially the suspension components.

The stance looks superb Ben, loving it! And those wheels...:hearteyes::hearteyes: