Best product to clean exhaust tips?

Wisenatcho

Paid Member
My exhaust tips have got a build up of black residue on them which doesnt want to come off with normal cleaning. :/ any recommendations on how to get rid of this? - was thinking maybe i should try some of the Autoglym tar remover...

Autosol metal polish and a soft polishing cloth. Be prepared to work for it lol.

You could use some fine grade wire wool if they are really filthy, and there are tons of metal polishes you can try.

haha I knew it would requires some effort along the way!
Thanks guys, I will try the brillo pad and then move onto wire wool if it wont shift.

autosol with a soft rag, brillo or wire wool will put fine scratches in the metal

+1 on Autosol. I hadn't done mine in ages so I nicked a sponge from the kitchen and used the scouring side to start with. No I just keep on top of them with a soft cloth and more autosol.

Silvo polish with wadding is what milltek recommend for the tips on their system, used to bring mine up spot on, still does the job on th meg tips when I can be bothered

i used autosol for a while now have moved to BRASSO its the best ive used yet i have the renaultsport f1 tips on mine and them are spot on and very shiny all the time