ball joints

Hi guys. MOT time today, driver ball joint is knackered. Quite expected really, these have never been changed and the car is 6 years old. Now, can someone please tell me which ball joint I'm after? I'd like to change both sides so am I right to assume that the driver's side is identical to the passenger's one?

clionew042_zps7eb9758e.jpg

Does anyone know the part number or if not how can I describe it when I call Renault Sport? Lower ball joint of the swivel? Thanks a lot.

Anyone guys??

EDIT. I just called Renault sport (Winbledon) and they quoted me £60 inc VAT. Are these so expensive???

Last edited:
That's the ball joint I need, I keep looking at the ones on that micksgarage.com but don't want to get the wrong one and can't decide on one.

Last edited:
Call r sport 02085420042
Top- 7711160423 £47.93
bottom- 8200438088 £39.98
With vat, delivery £106 cheep when you consider what Renault charge for a set up

Anyone guys??

EDIT. I just called Renault sport (Winbledon) and they quoted me £60 inc VAT. Are these so expensive???

i rang them to day, this is the same price they quoted me, seems a little expensive for a ball joint but I guess they can charge whatever they want as new hub is around £200 from Renault and no one else seems to be offering an alternative.

i bought the full hub carrier as i didnt have time to press the old ball joint out

when i sold the 197 i binned the old one - wish i had kept it as a spare now and just fitted new ball joints.

How hard are these to replace on the hub, I've got a suspect noise which I think is a top mount but just incase it's within the hub.

i rang them to day, this is the same price they quoted me, seems a little expensive for a ball joint but I guess they can charge whatever they want as new hub is around £200 from Renault and no one else seems to be offering an alternative.

the bottom one isn't really a "ball joint" its more of a swivel pin and therefore made differently and like a lot if items on these is a bit "bespoke" and
rare...

i just got a new one from Mark fish but he replaced the whole piece as he said its not an easy job to just replace the nipple piece and Renault only supply it as a whole.

Are the Mick's garage one's correct does anyone know? My car's in bits at the local garage. They'd ordered a ball joint from some supplier but it doesn't fit. Unfortunately they'd not got my phone number to ask me so I couldn't ring R-Sport in time to order one. They've ordered a new hub from Gordon Lamb which will arrive tomorrow. However, i'm looking at £312 fitted instead of the £90 i was expecting. They said if i can get the right bit, they'll fit just the ball joint for me. Although Lamb's will probably charge a percentage as the part has been ordered in specially. I'm so annoyed with the flippin' car right now! I'm going to try a local motor factors in the morning too to see if they have the correct bit. Knowing my luck with this it'll prob be the wrong one (That's if Gordon Lamb will let them return the hub). Does anyone know FOR SURE that the ball joint is available from anyone but R-Sport Wimbledon? Thanks.

Ok thanks. I'll try them again this morning. They're not open yet. The other motor factors (pcs) don't do them.

the only reason that r sport sell them is because they supply them to the cup racing teams.

They don't have any left unfortunately so it's the Renault part job :-( stupid cars!