Axle Stands

Matt197

South West Rep
Quick question, I plan on putting my car on axle stands while I have all 4 alloy wheels refurbished but where do I place the axle stands on a 197?

And is it safe to leave the car on axle stands when my driveway has a slight slope?

Leaving your car on stand shoulde be fine as long as you put them in the right place and the slope is only very shallow, but if your going to leave it for a few days flat is best
I put the stands under the 4 jacking points. I use a trolly jack to lift the car from different spots.

Wondered about where to place the axle stands myself.
Have a look under the car, right on the edge of the side skirts there are 2 lumps on each side of the car with a dent in them. They are for the standard jack you get with the car. Use them

Yeah, thats what i thought, but was a bit curious due to seeing some damage done to some Clios after not placing them properly etc.. lol.

just make sure the high point of the lump sits flat and central on the axle stand, its also worth using a bit of rag between the car and stand aswell to prevent paint damage

where do you put the trolley jack.?
On the rear I use the trailing arm, the bar thats tucked up right next to the diffuser, if you do it right you can lift the whole back of the car in one go. And on the front I use 2 structural bits that I would need to take a pic of to show you

Thanks guys for your fast replies, is there any chance when you are not busy, can you take a few photos of the alternative jacking points please?

Cheers :thumbup:

Thanks Raptor, but I was talking about the alternative jacking points that richandgem and foxspeed speak of.

WOuld be good to see this for me too, I know where the jack points are, but when you want to put stands there I never know where else its safe to jack from..

I clean them with Bilberry diluted 5:1 then clay if necessary. Then 3 coats of poorboys wheel sealant and they are good for months :smile:

Thanks, my mate just bought the bilberry so ill give it a go, have some old clay and i don't think the wheels have ever been done before me buying it 4 month ago.. So i shall see what happens!

So back onto topic, cheers for the pictures if your able to get them!