automatic headlights

jamesgw200

Tory of the Month
is it me or do they require no light at all to come on..
most other cars with auto lights come on when there is cloud cover.
I am in right in thinking you cant adjust the light sensitivity?
does anyone else think theyre the only car without lights on when its pissing down with rain or fairly dark.
mines a 2012 and im pretty sure its not a problem with my car and just general thing.

cheers james

I have my headlights on all the time, they switch themselves of when I get out of the car. Headlights make me more visible to other road users. In my old car I was over taking a pair of cars and the one at the back started to overtake while I was along side its rear wheel so I had to have two wheels in the grass verge at 75 mph to avoid a collision.
I've always had the lights on ever since.

Seems like a good idea to me, but I reckon that the auto lights are pretty good. I have left it for the car to decide on occasion and I didn't disagree but often on dull days and early/late when tthere is light in the sky but not much on the ground you need lights before it gives you them.
But the sensor is in bit which holds the mirror to the windscreen apparently and that points to the sky.

My auto lights work normally too. They seem to be on par with other cars when switching on and off due to dull days or night time. :thumbsup: