Au Revoir...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
Evening all...

So, it's with a bit of a heavy heart I do this to be honest and maybe it's not the right way to go about it (sorry fellow staffers), but in Dragons Den style; I'm out.

As some of you will well know, I've had an absolute whore of a year and it's been nothing short of relentless. I'm running on fumes and have been for a while now and to be honest I just feel like going and finding a cave to live in away from it all. My spare time has got less and less since the start of 2013 and with all the sh!t that's gone on at home as well as the drama with the car, I've barely been on here. To me that's frustrating, purely from the point of view that I'm an Area Rep' as well as a Moderator and I just don't feel like I've been contributing to the club as much as it deserves or as much as somebody else could. For these reasons I've decided that it's time to hand on the baton(s)...

I've not driven Nicole now since March, so I've had zero impetus to arrange meets etc., plus like I say sometimes life gets in the way and you just get a little bit lost. A few of you on here know the ins and outs of ''The Nicole Saga'' and that's to stay between the ears and eyes of you guys please. I was meaning to sit down at the weekend and do an update in my project thread but again, time got the better of me and to be blunt in the end I just really couldn't be arsed anyway because it just p!sses me off and raises more stress and questions. And so before the inevitable questions start, no she isn't finished yet. Yes, she's still waiting on the same parts she's been waiting on for about six weeks and no I don't know when they'll be arriving and seemingly neither does Ste as he's being f?cked about by a supplier which is beyond his control to be fair. Not having Nicole has taken away my one outlet I've always had, my one escape from life. And whilst the events in my personal life would have happened regardless of wether she was on the drive or parked up in Bolton, having her here would have at least given me that outlet and that one sanctuary. I still probably would have been a sh!t Area Rep' this last 7/8 months though to be fair. Along with doing 60-65 hours per week in work I'm now a single Dad so there's a fair old amount of balancing going on as I'm sure those of you with kids can imagine!!!

This isn't a moan or a what have you about anything other than how sh!t things have been and how I personally don't feel like I'm contributing enough at the moment so please don't take it as anything other than what it is. I've had enough, I've got no time and I've got too much on my plate to devote any real amount of time to the club and forum as a whole. I'm not leaving full-stop, but let's be honest I've not been a prolific poster on here for some time now and I can't see that changing anytime soon... Those of you with my phone number, you know I've always got time for a text session and there's a few invites for tea and curries that I need to chase up in the new year; I'm looking at you Rob, Mike, Andy, Henderson and Lord Robinson!!! If and when I've got time I'll update my project thread but it is likely going to be accompanied by a for sale thread as well unfortunately (for me at least, somebody could get a bargain though), I'm still a bit torn about, well, everything really, so that isn't a definite. I don't think I'm very well.

So... Merci et au revoir mon amis, catch you when I've got more time and less stress!!! :smile:

Cheers,

Will

Gutted Willis thought you would have been here longer than me.All the best mate take care

You are not alone Mr, you have been such a credit to this place, you really have.

I am in an identical situation as you too....female wise, and car wise. Yes, Ripspeed is right, it does get better!

I'm sorry I involved you with UPS too BTW lol :wink:

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication. Legend.

Mike

Chin up Will. There's always light at the end of the tunnel...no matter how long it goes on for.

You will be missed. Your "updates/blogs" were always superb.

Can understand where you're coming from with your little lad. Our Jack is nearly 2.5 and every minute awake is taken with him.

I got depressed now...:worried:

Good luck with everything mate, as the other have said it definitely gets better...it can only get better...

I'd have to agree with Noddie here, I'll miss your posts big time (well...I'm missing them already:smile:)

Catch up with you on fb/phone matey.

I'm sure you will be back when you get more time.

Good luck and you know we will always be here for you.

So sorry to see this Will. You've been a great mod and helped steer the site through some controversial times, and I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for that.

I'll not blab on about things on here anyway mate, I'm bad enough at writing insanely long text without doing it on the forum too haha :smiley:. I've said it before and I'll say it again though mate, things WILL get better.

Shame buddy that but hope all works out well with ou and be good to see you on here a few times if u get time,
Take care dude

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Other Marques 11
eightball103 Clio General Chat 20