Arran aint very happy!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
So today, in order to get rid of the Continentals on the back of my car quicker, I swapped the newer Hankooks to back. Took the nearside rear Conti off and not only is this 2 year old tyre (max) cracking down the insdide of the tread, there's a bloody nail in it!:swear:

Bay very hoppy! Lol! :s

The off side wasn't as bad thankfully, but it's still going to cost me to have the puncture repaired and it's finding the time too. Plus I'm not sure they'll repair the tyre because it isn't in very good nick. It's got loads of tread left too! :confused1:

And a tip for anyone, the wheels are a nightmare to get off. There was all this c**ppy stuff roung the hub thing, literally glued the things on! So I got some abrasive cloth, cleaned them up with a bit of spray solvent and greased them before refitting the wheels. A bit of WD on the nuts too. :thumbup1:

Please say you didn't put WD40 on your wheel nuts?

Personally i wouldn't have done that... WD40 usually "loosens" things, and helps them move smoother. Thats not really something I'd want to happen to my nuts. I'd keep an eye on them and make sure they don't work themselves loose personally, last thing you want is your wheel coming off!

Its unlikely that it will, but I'd still keep your eye on it incase.

They were rusty and the one felt like it was damageing the thread as it came out. My dad helped me and used to work in the motor trade, so it should be ok.

They were rusty and the one felt like it was damageing the thread as it came out. My dad helped me and used to work in the motor trade, so it should be ok.

I think it will be alright, just was my first thought thats all. :tongueout:

I've had my wheel come off in Karting due to too much WD40 on the hub and the nuts coming off.

Oh that was a fun race.. :tongueout:anic:

Not really no! Just one of those things. Hopefully this will be easy and painless to sort out!

WD 40 or similar should not be used on wheel bolts /studs when refiting.Bolts/ nuts should be fitted dry and clean to the correct torque.Some copper slip on to a clean hub where the wheel makes contact will stop the wheel seizing on the hub.
The front continentals I've just taken off are split around the entire circumfrence on the inside .they where down to 2mm indsie and middle and 4 mm outter edge.

Last edited: