Any suggestions on this engine sound?!?

Yeah I know what you mean, my mates got a ST3 MP215, so I'm just waiting for him to get a free day so I can take it for spin then I'll go from there I think. Oh decision, decisions lol

There's still a bit of a bearing type noise where when it's warm too pal, all be it not as loud. Somethings definitely not right and when it's cold it's very chirpy. I know mine used to make a similar bearing noise as your warm video before I had everything changed and it's completely silent now. So somethings definitely on it's way out by the sound of it. Does sound like the water pump bearings if I'm honest.

Yeah I'm going to order that kit you mention mate, better to be safe than sorry, £480 all in ain't bad I suppose. Going to give a a service whilst it's there. I've decided to keep it, going to change the exhaust for a milltek and get a remap next month :thumbup:

Sounds good, I've got a Milltek on mine it's a nice bit of kit. A remap is on the to do list for me but I've only had the car since October so want to make sure everything is sweet before I start messing about, got a few niggles to sort out here and there first. Not really done much so far other than add a K&N panel to compliment the exhaust. Had that cam belt kit fit by als last month and given it a full service myself when I got it.

Done a few little bits like LED interior and number plate bulbs, silver indicators and upgraded the headlight bulbs. I don't know what was in there as standard but the light output was shocking!

Not really sure what else I want to do, don't want to go too crazy as I have in the past with cars.

Probably go for some projector headlights eventually, upgrade the sound system and have the alloys refurbished.

Have you got the resonated or non resonated milltek? I got aftermarket exhaust on it at the moment but I haven't a clue what make it is but it drones a bit on long motorway journeys. A wheel refurb would be a good shout, I can't beat freshly painted alloys

I've got the resonated one, I remember seeing a central silencer while it was up on the ramp. It's spot on to be fair, it's not too loud when pottering about but gives off a few cheeky pops and burbles on the gear changes, once you start to give it some it becomes a bit more vocal. Don't think I'd want a non-res or de-cat system personally, I think it would be a bit too much especially if you do a lot of motorway work with the engines revving as high as they do at 70mph.

Update. Ok had the full cam belt kit fitted and the f**king noise is still there :angry: my mechanic said who ever fitted the previous kit had the timing wrong, said it pulls and drives a lot better, but he said the noise is a clutch bearing! It's costing me a small fortune this car at the moment. Any ways I know it's labour intensive, so I'm looking for ways to save money on a clutch ive seen this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191165460274?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-GENUI...265713?hash=item2ee7ab67b1:g:g2EAAOSw~bFWLMw5

any help would be appreciated.