An unlikely story?

My car went in for some warranty work 2 weeks ago with most of it being fixed, how ever an aircon had some how started to leak,

so I asked for it be sorted, when I got the car back the leak had stopped but tryed my aircon today and it's not working I rang the dealers and their story was a stone has damaged the compressor, so it's not covered by the warranty, but the funny thing is the whole underside of the engine bay is covered with plastic so how is this possible ?

Someone posted a similar thing recently - maybe it's a summer time rip off thing they like to pull...

My car went in for some warranty work 2 weeks ago with most of it being fixed, how ever an aircon had some how started to leak,

so I asked for it be sorted, when I got the car back the leak had stopped but tryed my aircon today and it's not working I rang the dealers and their story was a stone has damaged the compressor, so it's not covered by the warranty, but the funny thing is the whole underside of the engine bay is covered with plastic so how is this possible ?

sounds like they mean the "condensor" its the radiator in front of the urrmm radiator!!

ask to see the damaged parts if they do the job - dont think its a big job to change - bumper off and unbolt - fit new then regas/oil etc

Take it to a different dealer. How a radiator can get a hole in it from a stone is amazing being as the car has been designed that way.

Am back in Germany now and I dont want to go near them as their even worse than British ones but I suppose il have to

I had this problem about year ago, i argued the same thing that it is all covered etc and they wanted me to pay for the initial inspection of like £100 and £600 or so for the repairs, i took it up with RUK and finally spoke to someone in power after a few days and got it sorted under warranty.

I had this on the 197. I was at oulton park in the garage (parked up for at least 10 mins) when the condenser let all the gas out. No idea if it was stone damage or not.

My air con packed up
After an inspection by the main dealer more than 10 (yes 10) leaks were reported!
Require new Air Con Rad (condensor)
Quote £404.64!!!!
NOT covered under warrenty - seems very common
Driving round with windows open from now on!!

I rang RUK and it's going to be replaced but I have to pay 10% of the bill, which isn't bad but I honestly don't know what there isn't a fine mesh behind the grill this would stop all the damage, so glad am trading it in just had problem after problem

Similar Thread Suggestions