AMD remap and flatspot advice

Hey guys,

Wonder if you could give me some advice?
I got my 200 at AMD on Thurs morning for a remap.

Car has a panel filter, 64mm tb (helped a bit with flatspot) and last week had mid silencer removed on the standard system.

Car was spot on before with zero flatspot but since the mid silencer chop, it's got a big flatspot 2-3k rpm and generally feels sluggish throughout the revs, slower if anything!

I have the option on having the silencer welded back in before Thurs but was wondering if you think I should do that and play it safe (as it ran perfectly before and felt nippy) or if AMD could sort the flatspot fully and improve performance?

In a nutshell-

Will remap with current set up improve things and sort flatspot or would I expect better gains and drive ability with the silencer back in?

Bit of a dilemma but I'll be there Thurs so need to make my mind up before then.

Are the maps generic or actually custom tweaked to make the mods of mods on each car work best?

Any help or advice massively appreciated.

If your car is going on a rolling road and mapping it that way then they should be able to sort it out as that is the method used for custom remaps, if not then it will be a map thats already been created and just loading it onto your car (this method is only suitable if the your car is the same spec as the car used to create the map. In my opinion that way is a bodge method anyway and would only get a custom map for my car on a rolling road)

Me personally I am not convinced that a larger throttle body is an advantage either as air speed is just as crucial as the amount of air. A certain amount of air travelling through a smaller hole has to travel faster. You want the smallest one that isn't restrictive. It may help before the map but after you'll probably be making no more or possibly less power and torque.
Same as exhaust systems, with diameters you want the smallest thats big enough to keep the air speed up.

Sorry for going on and on.

If your car is going on a rolling road and mapping it that way then they should be able to sort it out as that is the method used for custom remaps, if not then it will be a map thats already been created and just loading it onto your car (this method is only suitable if the your car is the same spec as the car used to create the map. In my opinion that way is a bodge method anyway and would only get a custom map for my car on a rolling road)

Me personally I am not convinced that a larger throttle body is an advantage either as air speed is just as crucial as the amount of air. A certain amount of air travelling through a smaller hole has to travel faster. You want the smallest one that isn't restrictive. It may help before the map but after you'll probably be making no more or possibly less power and torque.
Same as exhaust systems, with diameters you want the smallest thats big enough to keep the air speed up.

Sorry for going on and on.

No I appreciate it. I found the larger tb made the throttle a little more crisp and took a bit of the flat spot away.
Definitely not interested in a generic map. Their website says stage 1 so I assume it'll start as a pretty default file that then gets tweaked.

I'm hoping someone can confirm if this is the case with AMD.
They do a run on RR before and after so the before graph should clearly show the flatspot and give them an idea on what to look at?

Using a rolling road to remap a car isn't as simple as before and after. They will do a run, see where in the Rev range it's Good and bad, they will tweak the bad bits then they'll do another run and then tweak the new bad bits. They will do this over and over again, the bad bits become less and less bad, and the until the entire graph is smooth, and there are no bad bits, each point in the rev range is at the peak of its potential. Depending on what the car is, how/if its running and who's doing it it may not take long or they can be at it all day. Generally with remaps on cars like this is shouldn't take too much work, but with a ecu that has no map at all it takes ages.

Hmmm, to me that sounds optimistic. For either 200. Never say never.

errr never.

You're obviously not aware that AMD's rollers are a joke, which was what Stubonez was alluding to. Seen some crap from AMD's rollers over the years!!

I really couldn't care less if it 'makes' 195 or 220 bhp :smile: I heard stories about their rolling road so I'll take it with a pinch of salt.

Need flatspot gone and it to be a bit more eager in general, not expecting big results.