Am i missing something?

Samuel

Paid Member
vibe-slick-5-inch-13cm-coaxial-2-way-70-watt-car-speakers.jpg
[h=1]VIBE Slick 5 Inch 13cm Coaxial 2 Way 70 Watt Car Speakers[/h]
  • 13cm speaker
  • 70 watts RMS of VIBE performance and design affordable to everyone
  • 210 Watts Peak Power

Fitted these door speakers to my 197, and they sound worse than the factory speakers, the bass is low and the music has no depth.
am i missing something or have i just fitted some poor quality speakers ( which were free thank god)!

The HU is incredibly shlte on the Clio. You'll need to upgrade that to get better sound.

As above, oem head unit is a bit crap but you get what you pay for in terms of speaker. That and coaxials are always going to be a compromise, better off with separate tweeters/woofers like the pioneer kit.

13cm speakers are never going to give great bass though, but sub-woofers in cars are for people who sit down at Maccy D's revving their warm hatch >_>

I understand about needing a good head unit to get the most out of them but surely they shouldn't be worse than standard? I've not replaced speakers in a car with a standard head unit so I have little experience of this.

Is 13cm the biggest you can get in the factory cut out? Ideally I'd like speakers that use the factory connections too.
anyone any recommendations for such things and a head unit that will let me use the steering wheel controls too? The standard sound in the clio is abysmal

thread moved into the correct section [MENTION=52489]Samuel[/MENTION]..thank you

Check that you've wired the speakers in phase. If you've got the phase wrong on them, you will end up with even less bass than you'd normally have from the standard head unit, and a woolly sound.