Alpine in-line amp.

Has anyone installed the plug&play alpine in-line amp (ktp-455) ? Did see someone mention it in a thread a while back but no feedback as of yet?....Seems like a great mod for the money! Opinions?

Its not plug and play thou, the loom as to be cut and wired to the amps loom. Ive been lookin at these for the megane

It's looks plug and play from what I've seen on YouTube. One end connects directly to in alpine HU and the other in to the cars loom. Only seen people start chopping if its a different brand stereo e.g pioneer HU/alpine amp. Could well be wrong just going from what I researched this evening. Even if it does need chopping it can't be that hard just a case of wiring up the speakers at the car loom end?

I think your right, i was looking at instructions for one on line and didnt show the plugs, but i would say its plug and play for standard and not a alpine head unit as whats the point in having a 4 x 45w amp if youve got a alpine head unit that atleast 4 x 45w as standard? Anyway there only sold by alpine in the states, so they might have different plugs compared to uk spec cars, but i suppose you can get some iso plugs and modify the amp loom to plug and play on the clio. You can get the amps off ebay.

Just had another look.. Bearing in mind you already have a alpine HU..

Remove HU and unplug HU harness from back of HU leaving it still connected to car loom.

Place male connector for inline amp straight into back of HU (standard fitment alpine-alpine)

connect female connector for in line amp in to HU harness that is still attached to car loom.
Job done.
As for why you would want to install this? most aftermarket headunit only put out at...Peak 45wx 4 channels. RMS 18w x. 4channels.. This in line boosts the RMS to 45w x 4 channels given your a clearer punchier sound at higher volumes leaving you without all the distortion from playing your HU at its maximum power.. Think ill be purchasing in the next couple of weeks.. Will let you know what it's like mate.

Just had a re look, theres two versions the ktp-445 and the ktp-445u which is a universal one, the first one must be one with the plugs on and i think your right it fits the alpine headunit. Im going to eventually get me a universal one along with a megane 3 bluetooth adapter lead and use it to make a loom with the amps loom so its all plug and play.

As said, after market stereos put out 4x50w Max which is 4x18w RMS. The factory stereo probably puts out about 4x6w RMS!

waste of money get a proper amp and some decent comps. Most clios run just 2 channels so you would be best off with a decent 2 channel or bridgable 4 channel for around £60-100 then you should be able to get 75rms + comps to match you get much much better sound like this.

Last edited:
Totally agree E3D on sound quality but for what I'm after this should do fine no messing about with extra phonos and what not! If your really passionate about your sounds then crack on with a proper amp and comps. 45w rms should be more than ample unless you don't like your neighbours lol.

Me!

I installed mine over Christmas. It doesn't make much difference in the lower volume but when it's cranked up it's a lot better. The install is pretty simple. I removed the glovebox to pull all the wires through then put the amp in the glovebox. I bought it primarily for ease of install because I couldn't be arsed putting an amp in the boot.