Alpine IDE - 178BT - anyone used

I'm looking at the Alpine IDE 178BT head unit and wondering if anyone has an experience please?

There only £170, albeit I know I need the sub display / wheel controller lead on top.

I don't need a CD player, but I know the CDE is the same but just with a CD player, so if anyone has had those too, your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Very similar unit to mine, I find it's pretty good and packed with features. I mainly got mine due to my old one starting to pack up (it's done well for over 10 years old) and I need Bluetooth as it's impossible to have a conversation on speaker unless you're in a bog standard car.
I haven't got the patch lead but will be looking to get one at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheers Lee, Bluetooth is my reason, I feel lost if I can't speak in my phone for any prolonged period. Plus, I can listen to my music without wires coming out of the dash

Cheers Lee, Bluetooth is my reason, I feel lost if I can't speak in my phone for any prolonged period. Plus, I can listen to my music without wires coming out of the dash

I've got my wire neatly hidden, and have since changed it for a black one that isn't as noticeable.
Only reason I have the cable fitted is.... iPhone. It can't last the day without a quick charge here and there.
They do work pretty flawlessly though, I have nothing bad to say about it except that it sounds a bit bright compared to my old kenwood unit.
Generally by the time I'm in the car and start reversing, Bluetooth will be connected and you're good to go.

Reactions: Deer_Dodger
I've got my wire neatly hidden, and have since changed it for a black one that isn't as noticeable.
Only reason I have the cable fitted is.... iPhone. It can't last the day without a quick charge here and there.
They do work pretty flawlessly though, I have nothing bad to say about it except that it sounds a bit bright compared to my old kenwood unit.
Generally by the time I'm in the car and start reversing, Bluetooth will be connected and you're good to go.

Cheers Lee, my iPhone SE used to last a day no problem, but my 7 struggles, so charging whenever in the car is the norm.