Albi blue 197

Got my exhaust trims today. Postman was smart and left my package in a well concealed place for once :smile:
Also all my interior lights are now blue barring the one on the passenger door, I smoked the bulb and thought I'd blown a fuse but all checked over and working and eventually the lights that wouldn't come on did come on.

Anyone else found their fuse box is labelled incorrectly? mine is :/

I like them. Think they look good on the 197. can't understand why renault hid the exhausts how they did.

btw the blackening stuff I used was turtle something. like turtle wax but for plastics and bumpers to restore black to it.

Last edited:
Also all my interior lights are now blue barring the one on the passenger door

Including speedo & rev counter!? :blush:mg:

Love the bumper stuff btw i def wanna get my diffuser black, the guy in this forum (with the red 197) that painted his diffuser gloss black looked bloody excellent

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showpost.php?p=148389&postcount=25

Some pics of the exhaust trims/rear of the car would be lovely as im still up in the air about them... i have an albi thats only a few weeks old aswell :wink:

The first mod im going for is an alpine stereo, the renault head units seem to make a clicking sounds on the bass of some tunes, really annoying.

Last edited:
no I'm searching for someone to do that for me or get a display off a scrappie 197 and attempt it myself. I could do it with the older car I had but that was just 2 little bulbs (like the overheads) it was a bit more technical changing them in the fog switch unit.
my brother is handy with LEDs/soldering/electrics I'm fairly competent due to building computers.
I'd much rather find someone who has done it before though. I CBA to do it all myself like I have in the past :smile:

will be putting them on at the weekend and get some pictures up around then too.
all my speakers/tweeters/headunit and sub/amp will be wired up in the car between Tuesday - Thursday.
not bad for second weekof ownership :tongueout:

What speakers/tweeters you going for?

I think im gonna wait for a bit, get a decent alpine HU, then after a while go for infinity kappa comps on the front & then get some coax for the rear aswell, slwoly build it up :wink:

I think (from memory) the fronts are TSE130Ci
still undecided on rears and what to do with those. The sub is a pioneer one brought last august (brand new bargain from fordfair) and the amp will be a JLaudio G4500 as my clarion one was older then me.
got an alpine headunit to go in with all the adaptors. it's quite a nice one but can't remember model number.
I also have a pioneer one that cost circa 300 quid 2 years ago but it's a bit bashed up (facia)

Ok just a quick picture update.
Not much done just put the exhaust trims on and its got a new smaller aerial. So thought I'd grab a few (any excuse)

img0423oo.jpg

img0424sc.jpg

img0425zq.jpg

img0490xd.jpg

img0491f.jpg

img0492pq.jpg

img0493c.jpg

and hello kitty in the rear window has been in every car I've owned. Its the first thing my dad brought me when I started driving for the car so I have to have it in each car I own :tomato:

I like the exhaust trims and have them myself, but I prefer them when they are further towards the front of the car, so you can't see them sticking out so much. You can't see the RenaultSport logo on mine unless you get down and look. The only problem is that the clamp then sits a bit funny on the exhaust, nearly on the bend. How did you find fitting them? If found you can get in with a socket set or spanner with the clamp at the top, so you can't see it.

when they were further backed it seemed to make them clamp on strage (kinda cross eyed from distance)
there is a fatter ridge around the exhaust that we tried to keep the clamps on as it sat better then.
tbh it was a rush job as it started spitting but they aren't actually as far out as they look in the pictures. the sport just peeks out and that's only if you stand directly above looking down. you have to squat down to see the Renault sport as I did to get the picture :smile:

they probably will end up being pushed in more eventually but its good to know these can clamp on shorter too. to keep them clamped at the fattest point the clamp would fit quite high up on the trim though. are yours clamped at the end sitting further in or are the clamps 1/4 - 2/5 up the trim?

Last edited:
img0423oo.jpg

That picture is absolutely stunning, Albi blue stays winning!

I'm still up in the air about the exhausts, i have noticed people looking at my rear end funny (my cars rear end that is!) like they're trying to see where the expected twin exhaust is

I'd love to try your car to feel the difference between cup chassis/standard aswell

Last edited:
if we are ever at a meet I'll terrify, ahem, take you for a ride so you can get an idea if you like :lol:

I got that as well. a few friends (ford nuts) said
I thought it was meant to have 2 tailpipes.
ummm yeah it does.
can't see them.
look closer.

I think pushing them in a bit so they aren't so obvious but obvious enough is what I'll be doing later as I need to reposition the clamps (bolts are showing)

I'll stick another picture up later showing how it looks with the trims more demure.

Last edited:
Not updated this in a while but have been doing bits and pieces to it and also buying pieces too (someone needs to ban me from doing that)
Finally got my panel filter in as the original one was gunked up.
Upgraded the sound system, as you all know OE really isn't great. New front (co-ax with tweeters) and rear speakers, amp, sub and headunit.
The fronts are running off the amp as is the sub and it also has had extra sound deadening put in.

Speakers/headunit
img0612tl.jpg

img0613xs.jpg

img0614f.jpg

img0615mu.jpg

img0617wp.jpg

Forgive the mess and marks on the next lot of pictures as my fingers weren't the cleanest due to the glue that is on some of the clip in bits.
Interior (partway)
img0619z.jpg

img0621zz.jpg

img0622kn.jpg

img0623ex.jpg

Almost there (just needs the large center piece to finish it off)
img0626gj.jpg

img0628cz.jpg

img0629lp.jpg

img0630qf.jpg

The frustration piece, not perfect but not bad for my first wrapping session :smiley:
img0627ua.jpg

Clock reset when I unplugged it, need to put it correct when I have the time on me.
img0631s.jpg

Looks like you have some decent wrapping skills! Did you do the clock surround in one or 2 pieces?

i really like the carbon on the trim that runs along the top of the glovebox, i wanna do the same trim matt black like the ff airvents

I wouldn't call it skills, more n00b luck.
I wrapped it as a whole though as I could not get the parts to separate, which was annoying as it looked like it should come apart to be 2 pieces.

Underneath the carbon wrap on the piece above the glovebox it is actually 200 trim that I brought off of here.
Matt black or colour coded would look pretty cool though but with wrapping if I didn't like it I could easily restore it. Although there is always other coloured vinyl if I get bored with this (I've seen some blue carbon fibre effect vinyl wrap on ebay)

Just spotted something I'm not happy with on the top piece. It will be coming off shortly to see if I can sort it out (my hair-dryer isn't free just yet)

Last edited:
it's pretty easy to do once you realise it can be stretched when hot. Just takes time.
I don't think I could do someone else' interior I'd be too worried about screwing it up :smile:

I still want to re wrap that whole top piece again as Im not 100%happy with it and I've got an idea of how I can get a better finish on it.