Albi blue 197

Here are a few pictures from my 197.
Just ones I managed to grab before I left it to have some work done (that was agreed when I brought it) Some are from the ad.

mmmmmk.jpg

pic1bpy.jpg

pic2vg.jpg

rearv.jpg

pic3jh.jpg

Few things I'm planning for the 197;
Full exhaust replacement (milltek or scorpion, probably miltek as they are close and can get custom build w/sports cat)
Full interior reupholstered
IGN panel filter
Upgrade speakers, headunit and maybe a sub/amp in the back
Blue engine hoses, to go with the car
Remap (Ktec most likely)

Probably other little tweaks as I go but the car doesn't need much imo as it is stunning as it is.
Its also pretty loaded with extras.
:bounce:

Last edited:
thanks I've just realised I have xenon cornering lights ftw!
washer jets give it away :smiley:
I knew I had climate control, auto lights and auto wipers and electric heated mirrors and sunroof but I completly blanked the lights.

how can you tell if you have the cup pack installed?
I'll have to ask the dealer as they will know but I'm curious now.

Last edited:
Good spec. Cup pack adds anthracite whees and red brake calipers as visual clues. So looks like you don't have it.

thanks I've just realised I have xenon cornering lights ftw!
washer jets give it away :smiley:
I knew I had climate control, auto lights and auto wipers and electric heated mirrors and sunroof but I completly blanked the lights.

how can you tell if you have the cup pack installed?
I'll have to ask the dealer as they will know but I'm curious now.

It would be slightly lower than standard and will have red brake calipers if it was the Cup chassis. Looking at it though, it doesnt look like it does. But that aint the end of the world.

Some coilovers on it and job done.

On the outing to Wales a few weeks ago I had the only non cup car and I was going the fastest! Lol! Track is the only time cup matters I would say, so for the majority of people the normal set up will be fine.

ah right.
nothing to bad though. I'll probably do coilovers eventuslly but it's not the be all and end all.
if I can drive the fez like I do then I can handle the clio.
dodgy tracking + torque steer + no abs at 90+ round a track = instant death if you can't drive, especially changing up and down gears :lol:
trackings sorted now though. I can't let something like that ruin plans and wishbones are easily replaced :tongueout:inky:

picked this up this morning. I've never grinned so much driving a car. it's just quite astounding.
had a nice surprise at the dealer as they refurbushed both fron alloys due to them being a little scuffed (I didn't notice when I viewed the car but the alloys looked fresh)
dent and scratch gone and paint match us superb and very fresh brake pads. plus service/year tax/safety check.
they also fixed a knocking coming from it (steering related)
highly recommend them and my other half is buying his new car there next year :smiley:

I'm a convert well and truely!
more pictures to come tomorrow.

Few new pictures while I was out messing about, discovering new things with the car (inspired by a hint about the diamond on the boot)

72684919.jpg

64648614.jpg

15412741.jpg

40315087.jpg

27644943.jpg

Cleaning time this weekend. Haven't had a chance yet with work so what you see is how I got it at the dealership :smile:

also found out all my speakers and the tweeters work on my stereo. I thought I'd check after reading that some people didn't have all their speakers wired up.

Last edited:
Nice one! the blue looks great in those photos! Careful with the wheel refurb though, I had mine touched up by the dealer when I bought mine, 3 years of pressure washers later and the repair work has come off so they look scuffed again and i've never curbed it once!

Nice. Looks like you have the extra rear tints too. Well specced car that.

I will keep an eye on the alloys but it does appear to be a very good job.

Arran it's specced how I would have specced it from the factory. no recaros and no cabasse stereo. I would have put the cup pack on it but probably changed my mind as I prefer the ride in the 197 to the cup.

Sounds like the kind of car I would have specced from the factory too. I like a bit of comfort sometimes too! Although red calipers do look great and I've just had my wheels powder coated anthracite!

I think I'll be changing the colour of the callipers abd wheels. I have an idea of how I want the wheels but callipers will have to be decided nearer to the time.

ordered blue bulbs for the interior and Renault dust caps also a ITG panel filter.
headunit and wires on the way. bidding on some chrome exhaust tips atm.

anyone got a link for the indicator bulbs that look silver but illuminate orange?

Thanks mike will have a peek.

So this weekend was time to give it a good wash as it had a fair amount of dirt on it (although my brothers said it wasn't dirty it really was, backroad driving :smile: )

I didn't get any shots of the clean but did get some shots of me trying to sort the black grill bits out (well they were grey to start)

Before
beforewt.jpg

After (excuse bug splat. I cleaned it saturday then did 300 miles in it up and back to northampton)
afterql.jpg

Half way through the diffuser
difference.jpg

Front and rear finished
completerear.jpg

frontlyz.jpg

Also a little something with my interior light. I quite like it.
fromafar.jpg

lightchange.jpg

I've only changed 1/6 of the interior lights. They sent 5 of the wrong bulbs and 1 correct so 5 had to go back to be changed :huh:

Last edited:
its a black plastic stain/wax my dad uses on his saab. No idea what its called as the label has peeled off it from sitting in the wash buckets. I'll ask him when I'm next up home :smile:
Its pretty decent though. Still not as dark as I want them to be but a damn sight better then the sun faded grey they were.