Alarm keeps going off

Not sure if this deactivates the alarm but it does on my van, not tried it on the Clio. When you lock the car, hold the button down till it bleeps.

Mine went off a lot today too (at the big Chester meet). People were taking the micky lol. It went off at almost every loud exhaust that went past - and there were alot lol.

Any ideas or is it the boot latch, do people think?

no idea Tom but if you want to turn it off press the start button 5 times in rapid sucession and then lock the car, you will hear a few beeps :smile:

If u lock the car and it beeps constantly then its def ur bonnet plunger that's at fault. I had the same problem with mine renault jus changed the plunger and prob solved.

Bit of an update. After disabling the interior sensors the alarm stopped going off for a week or two but it has started again now. Im thinking it must be a faulty bonnet plunger, would you lot agree? I have a years warranty so it will be done FOC but do I have to prove its faulty?

Bit of an update. After disabling the interior sensors the alarm stopped going off for a week or two but it has started again now. Im thinking it must be a faulty bonnet plunger, would you lot agree? I have a years warranty so it will be done FOC but do I have to prove its faulty?

just tell them!

the alarm is linked in to the can-bus system so the renault clip system might be able to diagnose faults on it