Alarm keeps going off

I have had my 197 for 3 days now and the alarm has gone off 4 times (twice during the night lst night). Does anybody have this problem and is there a way to lock the car without setting the alarm? I have a steering lock and the car is right outside my living room window so not setting the alarm wouldnt bother me.

Cheers, Chris

Is your boot/hatch shutting propperly?

Common fault the latch not being right, could be the wind moving the tailgate triggering the light then alarm.

cats? wind? someone trying to break into your car? Im sure if you press the lock button again after you lock the car it does something with the alarm.

No, in front of the battery on the front panel/slam panel there is a switch which tells the alarm the bonnet is open/shut.

^ thanks mate, when you say switch does that mean it can be activated/deactivated? Im not fussed about not having the bonnet alarmed

Try disconnecting the battery for 20 mins then reconnect and see if that does the trick as it will reset its self(hopefully)

well Ive opened and closed both doors and the boot and it hasnt gone off for nearly two hours so fingers crossed lol. Will have a look underneath the bonnet tomorrow when its light

^ thanks mate, when you say switch does that mean it can be activated/deactivated? Im not fussed about not having the bonnet alarmed

Sorry, not a switch like that, no on/off to switch.

It's. . .like a pin, when the bonnets closed it pushes the pin in sort of thing.

Like a door switch that turns your interior light on/off (in an older car)

cheers mate thought as much. Will have a look tomorrow anyway and give it a clean (if possible). Failing all of this I have found out how to deactivate the alarm.

well I thought I had found out how to deactivate the alarm but it didnt work and it is still going off randomly, grrrrrrrrrr getting fed up now lol

could be the ultra-sonic sensors being over sensitive....i think you can swap them over on the alarm wiring plug to make them less sensitive