air filter

:thumbdown: hello all just a quick question,will putting a new standard air filter back on make much differnce to mpg?????? :s:s

IMO it depends how dirty the existing one is. If it's filthy then it can effect mpg - people often see when fitting an aftermarket air filter a touch better mpg, just because there's less restriction (and less filtration!)

Rich

Not in my experience; fitted one and immediately noticed a different engine note especially low-down. The number of times people ask if I have an aftermarket exhaust on the car supports this. There are a few people I know who have said the same.

Not in my experience; fitted one and immediately noticed a different engine note especially low-down. The number of times people ask if I have an aftermarket exhaust on the car supports this. There are a few people I know who have said the same.

Loads of people have said they heard something new. I heard nothing with mine but I am going slightly deaf plus only had the standard filter for a month or two so that may have been why tis good to get different opinions anyways :smile: