Air con, how necessary is it!?

I live in Gold Coast Queensland Australia and if you had no A/C you would melt in summer. The Clio 197 is as rare as hens teeth down here and we do not get the cup model at all.

My 133 doesnt have ac and on a hot day it is missed, a lot!!

I took the car to Germany in June and i thought I was going to die!!

Get it.

Plus it will help resale value.

It is actually £1k cheaper than the one with a/c i'm looking at, although the other one has also done 5,000 less miles, so it's probably about right.

Here's the car..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-08-RENNAULT-CLIO-2-0-197-CUP-WHITE-/310237191375?pt=Automobiles_UK

Hopefully it'l be hot on Monday so I can test it out! But after your comments (bar Jason!), sound like a/c is the way forward!

I think it's a worrying fact that they are selling the car but don't know how to spell Renault! Lol! :blink:

depends whether you'd rather have the windows open and save a few quid or have aircon and have the choice between windows open or closed.

Only had my cup for 3 weeks and feel the aircon is indeed a benefit, probs only in summertime though. It has been humid even if not that summery.

Lol good spot arranshuker!

Test drove the 197 today, my god these cars look good in the flesh! Was 23•C So perfect aircon testing weather! Long story short.... I left wanting air con! It was too warm in there! Also seats were worn, tyres needed replacing, got him down to £9250 though.

Going to look at the other cup tomorrow, seats are 'as new' and only done 14000 miles so hopefully that'l be the one!

aircon is a plus everyone says it uses fuel but the fact is you use more fuel when you open your windows + you run the risk of some tosser throwing stuff through your window.. had this happen one when driving past a house party I got a bottle of something through the window and it went all over the old car (non RS clio dyn s 1.2 tce) never have my windows open in a built up area now but when i'm taking a nice easy drive through a forest type place its windows open and aircon off simple as :smile:

My 133 doesnt have ac and on a hot day it is missed, a lot!!

I took the car to Germany in June and i thought I was going to die!!

Get it.

Plus it will help resale value.

Yes, I can vow for the heat, I was there too, in my fully Air Conditioned 197 :wink:

Well i'm officially a 197 owner!!

The car was incredible! Absolutely spotless, not a stone chip on it! Inside was also spot on, no wear on the seats, ipod connection as well! Much more enjoyable driving with the aircon. Only 14,000 miles on the clock as well, so I'm chuffed! Picking it up tomorrow or Thursday so will post pics up soon.