Air box sound reduction trumpet removal (My experience)...

So got bored today and removed the trumpet and blocked the vac pipe. Engine completely standard otherwise. I can definatley confirm a noise increase lower down the revs (engine sounds very nice now I can actually hear it), can't feel any gain in performance (as expected) but more importantly haven't felt a drop either, no engine light either so I'll definatley be leaving it off.

As far as I can see its sucking in no more hot air than it does with the trumpet in place.

iv only picked my car up on saterday and have looking at that thinking what the hell is that there for?? can u shed light please? lol

iv only picked my car up on saterday and have looking at that thinking what the hell is that there for?? can u shed light please? lol

Have a search on the forum, seems its there to reduce noise at low revs, it stays closed at low rpms and opens up at higher rpms. I personally dont see the harm having it open all the time.

Did you remove the acoustic valve (plastic butterfly contraption at the end of the secondary intake hose) or the noise-reduction tube under the battery that connects to the main intake pipe?

Remove the trumpet that was here, and block the vac pipe that's left...

20120415_092837.gif

All it takes is a 10mm socket and something to block the vac pipe with (I used a 4mm steel dowl pin)

Will be adding a cold air feed to mine down to the front somewhere.

Last edited:
I removed the vac pipe with the acoustic valve and just screwed a small self tapper into the tube the rubber vac pipe attaches too. Looks neater with no vac pipe dangling off.