Aftermarket dampers

Near side front shock absorber is shot so I figured it's as good a time as any to uprate my dampers. My question is, is it really worth it? I'm currently riding with eibach pro- lot springs! Also will it make the car ride a lot firmer as in feel the the bumps a lot more or will it do the opposite and improve handling as well as working in tandem with the springs to create a more comfortable ride? I'm a bit clueless when it comes to shock absorbers as to the effect as I've only ever fitted after market springs rather than dampers. Looking at some Koni sport ones or maybe even 197/200 cup ones. Any advice and information is gratefully received.

Thanks

Not sure it really helps, but I had a set of Koni adjustable dampers on my old BG182. Huge help with the sportline springs.

Couldn't comment on ride with 197/200 though.

I have recently replaced my dampers as my fronts had seen better days , one of them literally had no rebound on the strut , yet fitting new OE shocks has made no difference to comfort , I thought it would. I am going to replace my rears tomorrow night as it's made it twitchy at the rear when pressing on.

From my research , the choice isn't Brill for the 197 without spending £££
However I am sure OE shocks all round combined with your current Eibachs will be a decent setup. I had them on my old 172 and rated them as a spring, compared to the cocksports I put on my 182 (same dampers) they were leagues ahead. I am sure with a shock refresh you will see an improvement