Advice needed please - exhaust sleeve

For the money it'll cost to mess around with that, you'd be better off just taking the car to a custom exhaust place and get a decat made, should be around £90 and they'll make it so your cat can come on and off too,

For the money it'll cost to mess around with that, you'd be better off just taking the car to a custom exhaust place and get a decat made, should be around £90 and they'll make it so your cat can come on and off too,

Ahh so it's not just a matter of buying that adaptor and its clamping right on? Sorry not in the know when it come to how parts of exhaust are connected lol.

Can someone explain to me why the original cat cant be bolted back on without a sleeve adaptor? Surely if it fits before installing a decat pipe, when you remove the decat it should just bolt back on? Or am I being really stupid?

The Clio 197/200 exhaust is a complete 1 piece system all the way from the cat to the exhaust tips, the exhaust has to be cut off, there are no clamps on it at all.

thats why the standard exhausts aren't worth anything, they've all been cut off.

Cheers [MENTION=4181]Chrisgti6[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION] but how is my cat attached to the ktec at the minute? Surely its already been cut off and has been clamped with a sleeve adaptor?

If so can this adaptor not be transferred to clamp the decat on, then come mot, vice versa? If that makes sense?

So, you have a ktec cat back fitted already? Sorry I didn't realise that.

Yes, you probably have a sleeve of some sort already ont he car, so you shouln't have a problem.

I had mine done at an exhaust place. Luckily they do tec cars and mad builds so made a custom pipe that can be taken off and the old cat put back on.
In ref to mot's, I was told that if you're engine is kept in good order, servicing done regularly then it should pass no problem. Your manifold cat does most of the work anyway.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm sure if the sleeve or whatever is connecting the cat to the Ktec isn't up to the job of reconnecting cat I can get a custom sleeve made up. Was just a bit miffed when Ktec supply the sleeve with the decat but must also supply a similar sleeve with their cat back.