A few fresh mods.

Been a long time since an update of my car, and seeing as i had it out today for this first time in months i took some pics. Opinions welcome as always.

My new steering wheel with my custom horn fix lol:

DSC01321.gif

DSC01320.gif

Carbon fibre mirrors:

DSC01338.gif

DSC01339.gif

Carbon fibre boot cover:

DSC01331.gif

And of course a 197 first ( so im told ) Carbon fibre fuel pump cover:

DSC01326.gif

A little racecar mod too:

DSC01334.gif

Harnesses:

DSC01322.gif

Strut brace:

DSC01333.gif

Thanks for looking.

DSC00945.gif

The car looks absolutely stunning Ben, great job. I wish I could do the same, I would love a stripped out 197 but I could never bring myself to do it to my current one.

My only niggle is the blue on the steering wheel - to me it looks a little out of place but you cold always get some blue leds for the dash backlighting etc lol...

Hey Ben, nice efforts you laid out there.

What is the diameter of the Renault Cup steering wheel? And can you up some more detailed pictures of the steering wheel hub and the Sparco Racing Control Kit, especially the wiring inside the hub? Would be greatly appreciated!

Looks awesome, really does.

I think the cornering headlights (black backing) would finish it off externally

i wish i had the balls to strip the back ;/ just cant bring myself to do it. Car looks stunning, those mirrors really set it off!

cant see em in work!!

Are they the mirrors from the italian company? I have a set on order.... but still waiting :worried: or the covers from streamline?

The horn was a ball ache to do on mine too!

Hey Ben, nice efforts you laid out there.

What is the diameter of the Renault Cup steering wheel? And can you up some more detailed pictures of the steering wheel hub and the Sparco Racing Control Kit, especially the wiring inside the hub? Would be greatly appreciated!

The diameter is 330mm mate, smaller than std but doesnt affect the effort required to spin it round in a tight spot.

I havent got anymore pics of the mounting kit or hub mate. Its an OMP boss from ebay ( £60 ) and the original wiring all sits inside. Horn is quite simple to wire up and the sparco horn adaptor just sandwiches between the wheel and boss.

cant see em in work!!

Are they the mirrors from the italian company? I have a set on order.... but still waiting :worried: or the covers from streamline?

The horn was a ball ache to do on mine too!

Just the covers from streamline mate.

The original covers are a pain in the arse to remove but once off the new ones are bonded into place due to lack of clips on carbon item.

Pictures dont really justify em, goes really well with the bonnet and diffuser. Me luv my carbon fibre addiction lol :tongueout:

Looks great Ben! So do the standard mirror covers clip on? I should be getting a spare set for a little mod but can't figure out how they are fixed??

Love how the inside looks too, stripped but nice and tidy!

Last edited:
The diameter is 330mm mate, smaller than std but doesnt affect the effort required to spin it round in a tight spot.

I havent got anymore pics of the mounting kit or hub mate. Its an OMP boss from ebay ( £60 ) and the original wiring all sits inside. Horn is quite simple to wire up and the sparco horn adaptor just sandwiches between the wheel and boss.

Well then I´ll have to wait and see. I´m just curious what the wiring looks like after the OEM Wheel has come off.
I already have the hub & buttons in the drawer for several months now. But until today, haven´t had decided what steering wheel to get. Ordered myself an OMP Kubic by now.

White with carbon works really well for me btw. :smile:

Edit: Racing Harnesses don´t go that well with winter clothing though...

Last edited:
Really smart Ben anything else planned ?

Got a little something special and unique lined up in the new year lol. Apart from that i have new wheels, r888s, roll cage, grooved rear discs, perspex windows and a couple other secrets planned.

Similar Thread Suggestions