440bhp megane??? do i smell BS?

With the price he's asking for it I'm sure he wouldn't mind showing you all the receipts and let you have it checked over at an garage of your choice with some rolling road runs.

It's not like he's trying to fleece anyone, seems pretty genuine to me.

As for how it drives well he's obviously getting at its delivery, there wont be excessive power low down the rev range to make that kind of top end with that turbo so it may very well pootle about at normal speeds like a standard car.

There have been a few 500+ meganes of late.

Cook sport did one and the lunar grey R26.R on the front of PFC was another, some money and time involved either way.

I think on the grey one it had to be turned down to around 400 to be more useable.

I think it is probably a very genuine figure, why would it not be. There are a few 106 GTi's running silly power and they are a 1.6! With enough money its not hard.

To be fair the money that has been spent on it I think its a good price.

Jesus H Christ.

I have a few days off and look what happens. :bat:

FI engines can easily and reliably run 200BHP/Litre if set up correctly.

Reliable advert or not, the sale is hilarious. I see three potential realities of this car. One, that the spec is reliable and the car has not been set up correctly to handle it, hence the weak advert. Two, is that the spec is reliable, and the car can handle it, but the seller has little incentive to try and sell it properly, or three, which the spec is unreliable...

Either way, it's still hilarious. I hope he doesn't sell the car, it doesn't deserve it with this advert.

For an 08 megane on 40K+ it seems expensive to me even with the big spec. Modifications dont change the price in my experience. Never liked meganes in white either :worried:

Forums should carry a government health warning. People question why he's spent the money, then the merits of that much power, then whether its true, then its reliability, then what he's asking for it, then the advert and he doesn't deserve it(?), then the colour of the bloody car!!!!

Really don't understand some folk at times....and people call CS?

Forums should carry a government health warning. People question why he's spent the money, then the merits of that much power, then whether its true, then its reliability, then what he's asking for it, then the advert and he doesn't deserve it(?), then the colour of the bloody car!!!!

Really don't understand some folk at times....and people call CS?

:clap:

Gospel according to Litchmore!!

:smile:

I think it is probably a very genuine figure, why would it not be. There are a few 106 GTi's running silly power and they are a 1.6! With enough money its not hard.

To be fair the money that has been spent on it I think its a good price.

Friend of mine has a 106 Gti running 400+ if I remember correctly.

And he frequently builds others to the same spec and power.

Friend of mine has a 106 Gti running 400+ if I remember correctly.

And he frequently builds others to the same spec and power.

And look at these little Galanza's/Starlets, plenty of 1.3's running 350+BHP..... or 600+BHP 1.6 Civics

440bhp out of a 2l shouldnt really be a huge problem if its got the right bits there!

There is a Vauxhall Corsa VXR (they are called OPC over there) running 500+ bhp so yes, as the others have said 400+bhp from a 2lt can be easily achieved. Now I wouldn't believe that this car has the same drivability as a normal Megane 225 though (as per advert), I would expect it to be low on power on low rev range but again, cruising on motorway wouldn't be any more different I would have thought..

Jesus H Christ.

I have a few days off and look what happens. :bat:

FI engines can easily and reliably run 200BHP/Litre if set up correctly.

the new breed of f1 engines are looking at 450+hp per litre :blink: