440bhp megane??? do i smell BS?

sounds a bit mad

and why would you want that much bhp on FWD car :S

and why no photos of the engine!! spends all that money on it then no photos !!

One of the Megsport lads has one running nearly 500bhp. It is possible without too much trouble, just a case of cost.

Top Speed: 170mph ? Are they even geared for that?

400+hp from a 2l turbo isn't beyond belief though these days if done right. Whether it's reliable or not is a different matter.

Alot of dollar to get it to that spec, i would say not much change if any from £8k

I was under the impression that once the 350-400 bhp barrier was tried for, the block liners become a problem rather than the rods/pistons themselves?

Is that true?

I wasnt far off with £8k. I think pauls went bang around about 300-350bhp, then he forged it and got it running 500 bhp, correct me if im wrong

thats a LOT of money to spend on a megane - regardless of what your gonna get from it. i'm not knocking meganes in any way, i had an r26, but to spend probably more than the car is worth doesn't make sense to me, i'd rather buy something that's just faster anyway and not worry about reliability etc. Horses for course and all that though... I still stand by my original view (despite being bullied by the bigger southern boys) that i PERSONALLY don't think that car in the pistonheads ad is doing all he says - ie running RELIABLY at 450bhp and driving just as a normal r26 would...