3M Carbon wrap...

Ok thanks.

Whats the advantage of it being lacquered being?

I had read somewhere that lacquered vinyl just looks blacker rather than looking more like high end carbon.

Still interested in trying it though.

The carbon vinyl is matt so doesn't look that real. I guess the water dipping method gives a shiny finish, but I don't think this method gives a textured finish like the vinyl does

The carbon vinyl is matt so doesn't look that real. I guess the water dipping method gives a shiny finish, but I don't think this method gives a textured finish like the vinyl does

I quite like the matt finish...

So does anyone know what size sheet of vinyl I need to order to do both the center consol and the dash trims?

Can anyone tell me how much (size) Carbon vinyl is needed to do the center consol and the dash trim bits please.

Want to order some tonight but dont want to under order...

Thanks

I think it is going to be a 60cm x 60cm sheet which will cover all of the pieces of the centre console and dash strips. I will double check when I pop out in a min and get back to you later on. Below is the company I bought from, quick delivery.

http://www.undergroundgraphics.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=2137

I will also get some pics of the matt and laquered vinyl for comparison and you can make you own minds up as to whether it makes a difference or not.

I think it is going to be a 60cm x 60cm sheet which will cover all of the pieces of the centre console and dash strips. I will double check when I pop out in a min and get back to you later on. Below is the company I bought from, quick delivery.

http://www.undergroundgraphics.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=2137

I will also get some pics of the matt and laquered vinyl for comparison and you can make you own minds up as to whether it makes a difference or not.

Great, thanks for that.

Look forward to seeing the pictures.

Do undergroundgraphics also sell gloss black vinyl? I cant find it on their site....

Last edited:
Nowhere I know sells gloss stuff Im afraid, I did look before I did bits of my interior. These aren't recent photos just some I have dug out but I can get a current one tomorrow if you like. You can tell there is a difference and I personally prefer the second picture! :smile:

Matt
P1030483.jpg

Laquered
P1030845.jpg

That looks really good on the seat frame. Will see if I have enough left over to that too. I think i like it better without the gloss finish

No I masked it off and did it in the car, it was a £5 can of spray laquer from halfords, nothing special.

Just bought some genuine 3m carbon of eBay.

30x600cm for £8. Hope that's enough to do the silver trim strip

assume you meant 30cmx60cm? Thats more than enough, after doing mine in the 197 I had enough left over to wrap the facia on my xbox, which looks mint! Laquered the 360 to see what effect it had and it makes it look like "wet look" carbon, really dark and shiny. :clap:

there is some stuff thats the same as the 3m but cheaper apparently the 3m has a grid of addhesive on the back but the stuff ive got is all glue so it sticks better
its got a smaller weave by the looks of it
_MG_1819.jpg

Last edited: