3M Carbon wrap...

Looks really good Ken! I like the opposing pattern - I did think of doing the same on mine!

A proper photo of mine from today.

P1000971.jpg

Just ended up that way as I used the small piece to practice on and when I did the glove box bit I thought it looked pretty good so did the other drivers side bit the same. I didn't really intend on keeping the Practice piece on but it worked out pretty good

Did my dash strips and center consol last night... and Im not sure if I like it or not! Im just not as happy with it as I thought I'd be...

I couldn't get the center consol 100% smooth so although to look at its fine, there are small creases down the edges which no matter how much I heated up could not get rid of.

Anyway I'll leave it for a few days and see if it grows on me, if not I also have shed loads (well 2m x 1m) of gloss black vinyl that I might use instead.

I think it takes a fair bit of practise! I did my front badge in it and it looks good from a distance but up close its not great. Some geometries just aren't easy to vinyl

Well this weekend I am going to attemp to vinyl the following bits...

Front and rear badges
Side strips
Door handels
Wing mirrors

If I balls it up then its only £8 wasted.

the plastic bit underneath the handbrake i.e. the one that can pop out if pulled, looks good carboned as i've just done, will get pics on soon. It really breaks up the middle dash bit for the handbrake instead of all being one dark color.

Looks really good Ken! I like the opposing pattern - I did think of doing the same on mine!

A proper photo of mine from today.

P1000971.jpg

Thats looks spanking with a laquer, glad I could help with these and now I know you bought a £5 can and sprayed it yourself, going to have to do this too! :smile:

Oh and guys the centre section is easy to pull out, can't remember seeing any instructions, think it was just a case of pulling it, but the hardest part was getting it aligned again when putting it back. Here's a photo of a white centre I did in vinyl:
IMG_0173.jpg

I also have a few metres of carbon 3M if anyone wants some :smile:

ordered some red vinyl for my interior strips. See how they come out. If anyoe wants any vinyl gimme a shout, think i ordered a 1m x1.2m :tongueout:anic:

Thanks again for the R27 decals Rocky! They still look brilliant and like you say they stand out well against the CF vinyl.

What dimensions are the vinyl pieces you're cutting for horizontal strips?

This looks like a great interior mod, freshens up the cabin and so cheap you could chop and change depending on mood.